For the Harvard MBA Class of 2018, the Admission team has announced that there will be only one mandatory essay question.
Here is the essay question:
Harvard MBA Essay Question (2016 Entering Class): It's the first day of class at HBS. You are in Aldrich Hall meeting your"section." This is the group of 90 classmates who will become yourclose companions in the first-year MBA classroom. Our signature case methodparticipant-based learning model ensures that you will get to know each othervery well. The bonds you collectively create throughout this shared experiencewill be lasting.
Watch the video below, before writing your essay – Inside HBS Case Study Method
1) There are no word limits for this essay question
2) Don’t over analyze, or do several revisions such that the originality of your thoughts is lost with the edit
Getting into Harvard MBA is Not Like Catching a Shooting Star
Most applicants have this strange notion that you cannot get into Harvard MBA program without climbing Mount Everest, or leading a start-up to an IPO.
Trust us, we evaluated a few Harvard MBA Admits. They are like you, but with one difference.
They are Masters at Personal Branding.
We will teach you:
1) How you should start the essay knowing that extroversion and passion are valued in Harvard MBA?
2) How you should demonstrate Active Learning?
3) How you should demonstrate confidence in decision-making?
4) How you should demonstrate your succinct communication skills?
5) How you should demonstrate your potential as an effective FIELD team member?
Also Included in the Essay Guide:
1) Six positioning tips that you should consider for your essay.
2) Two Sample Essays
Download F1GMAT's Harvard MBA Essay Guide 2016-17