Another common mba essay question is - What does an “ethic” mean to you and how important is it? Give a specific example (e.g. decisions you had to make in the past) to illustrate this.
For me, Ethics means a well-defined standard of fairness. The standards ensure that I conduct myself with honesty and compassion. It is also my responsibility to assess the standards regularly for social and cultural influences, and take corrective steps if necessary.
For specific examples from your professional life, mention:
1) How you negotiated your way around a suggestion by your manager/supervisor to perform certain tasks that was against your ethics.
2) This example should emphasis how you were able to negotiate on the new course of action that was ethical .
3) Emphasis the win-win strategy that you suggested and how it was a workaround for the initial unethical action suggested by your supervisor(provide examples of resistance on your new course of action)
4) Provide tangible output in following the actions that you suggested to the team.
5) Provide specific values that you believed in and conclude on how you were able to maintain them during the execution of the task
If you have worked long enough, you would have faced this issue. For example it would be something like compromising on the quality of the product to meet the deadline or charging you customer with exorbitant fees for a minor change in product feature.
Learn how to answer the MBA Application Ethics Essay according to your Target School. Pick your Essay Guide
F1GMAT's Harvard MBA Essay Guide will teach you to introduce yourself:
1) With Assertiveness
2) By Articulating your Social Value
3) By Demonstrating your decision-making ability
Download Harvard MBA Essay Guide
F1GMAT's LBS MBA Essay Guide will:
1) Give you a detailed Analysis of London Business School MBA Curriculum for 2016
2) Describe how to match Pre-MBA experience with Post-MBA goals using two career paths - Finance and Consulting as examples
3) Show you how to select student clubs to match your post-MBA aspirations
Download LBS MBA Essay Guide
F1GMAT's Booth MBA Essay Guide will:
1) Demonstrate how to write about each pictorial representation
2) Recommend the best image to choose for your essay
3) Summarize the Chicago Booth MBA Program, so that you don't have to do extensive research for the essay
Download Booth MBA Essay Guide
F1GMAT's INSEAD MBA Essay Guide will:
1) Demonstrate with W-Pattern Narrative on how to use context and roles to describe your strengths and weaknesses
2) Show you how to use the IMPACT table to list your greatest achievements
3) Show you how to write about Failure without getting too defensive
4) Show you how to write about extra-curricular activities
Download Insead MBA Essay Guide
F1GMAT's MIT Sloan MBA Essay Guide will teach you:
1) Share the acceptance pattern in Sloan MBA
2) Show you how to shortlist successes that matter to MIT Sloan MBA Admissions team
3) Demonstrate with examples on how to create an IMPACT Table with Achievements, Impact, Success in Dollar terms, Impact Index and Total Value.
4) Show you how to differentiate between Managerial and Leadership roles
Download MIT Sloan MBA Essay Guide
F1GMAT's Kellogg MBA Essay Guide will:
1) Give you a detailed Analysis of Kellogg Full-time MBA Curriculum for 2016
2) Give you Four Examples on how to answer Essay 1 (Leadership)
3) Show you how to answer Essay 2 with a 3-step structure
Awareness -> Reflection -> Future with Kellogg MBA
Download Kellogg MBA Essay Guide
F1GMAT's NYU Stern MBA Essay Guide will:
1) Give you a detailed Analysis of NYU Stern MBA Curriculum for 2016
2) How to answer Essay 1 by mapping specializations to your post-MBA goals
3) Show you how to answer Essay 2 in six ways (Travelogue, Artist, Breaking Stereotype, Impact Oriented, Family Legacy and Infomercial)
Download NYU Stern MBA Essay Guide
F1GMAT's Stanford MBA Essay Guide will:
1) Give you a detailed Analysis of Stanford MBA Curriculum for 2016
2) Show you how to answer Essay B in three ways (as a Career Enhancer, as an Entrepreneur and as a Career Switcher)
3) How to use ‘The Big Five Model’ to evaluate your unique personality for Essay A.
4) Sample Essay for Essay A: What matters most to you, and why? (750 Words)
Note: Do not copy the sample essay (Use it only for inspiration)
Download Stanford MBA Essay Guide
F1GMAT's Wharton MBA Essay Guide will:
1) Give you a detailed Analysis of Wharton MBA Curriculum for 2016
2) Describe Four professional gains as Examples
3) Describe Four personal gains as Examples
Download Wharton MBA Essay Guide
Sample Essays + Essay Writing, Review & Editing Tips + 15 School-Specific Tips = Winning MBA Essay Guide
"Pressed against the deadline, I ordered F1GMAT's Winning MBA Essay Guide as their blogs always had something interesting to say. It was by far one of the best decisions I have made in my life. Going through the Essay Guide, I learned the art of storytelling, using various ploys mentioned in the book. Most important one being the “W pattern,” a strategy of information sharing that creates a sense of excitement in the mind of the reader." - MIT Sloan MBA Candidate
Only 1 in 900 gains admission to Harvard MBA program. If you write your essay focused only on your achievements, post-MBA goals, and your pre-MBA experience, you will be among the 899 rejected applicants.
ATTENTION is the secret ingredient. How will you get the attention of the essay reviewer?
You know why parables shared 1000 years ago are still shared among us?
Yes, the art of storytelling has won presidency for Obama, transformed Apple from an unknown start-up to a brand synonymous with Quality, and gained admission for the average MBA Applicant.
F1GMAT's Winning MBA Essay guide will teach you how to transform your essay to an epic life journey with trials and tribulations that will move the admission team.
Who Should Buy The Winning MBA Essay Guide?
If your essay looks too bland, our Winning MBA Essay Guide will show you, with examples, on how to use the elements of Storytelling like Incorporating "The Struggle", Using Emotional connectors, narrating the Journey and the use of Chronology, Vividness and Active Verbs to transform your essays.
If you are stuck in the Writing process, our Winning MBA Essay Guide will show you how to silence the Analytic Mind and overcome mental blocks.
If you feel that the essays are not persuasive, our Winning MBA Essay Guide will teach you how to use the W-Pattern narrative, Contexts, Turning Points and "The Show Don't Tell Approach" to write a Winning MBA Essay.
If you don't have enough leadership experience, our Winning MBA Essay Guide will show you how to highlight non-obvious qualities like Trust, Focus, Listening Skills, Personal Responsibility, Humility, Self-Knowledge, and other secondary traits to prove your leadership.
If you don't know how to review your essays, our Winning MBA Essay Guide will demonstrate how to improve readability with the power of iteration, and maintain your original voice by removing review biases.
Winning MBA Essay Guide Includes
+Harvard MBA Essay Tips (2020 Entering Class) (NEW)
Sample Harvard MBA Essay – Gratitude & Giving Back (318 Words)
Sample Harvard MBA Essay – Entrepreneurship (Influence of Childhood) (667 Words)
Sample Goals Essay 1: Enterprise Technology to Consumer Marketing (496 Words)
Sample Goals Essay 2: Healthcare (Finance to Consulting) (499 Words)
Sample Goals Essay 3: FinTech (Product Manager to Strategy) (482 Words)
Sample Columbia Good Fit Essay 1: Value from NYC (237 Words)
Sample Columbia Good Fit Essay 2: Entrepreneur Mindset (Persistence/Creativity/Opportunity Seeking) (237 Words)
Sample Columbia Good Fit Essay 3: Teamwork and Learning (242 Words)
Sample Columbia MBA Leader I admire Essay #1 (Elon Musk) (250 Words)
Sample Columbia MBA Leader I admire Essay #2 (Father) (244 Words)
Sample Columbia MBA Leader I admire Essay #3 (Mother) (243 Words)
Sample Columbia MBA Leader I admire Essay #4 (Math Teacher) (242 Words)
Sample Columbia MBA Leader I admire Essay #5 (Co-Founder) (250 Words)
Sample Why Stanford MBA Essay (Consulting)(399 words)
Sample Why Stanford MBA Essay (Tech Entrepreneur) (390 words)
Sample Booth MBA Essay #2: Leadership experience (Teach for America)(640 Words)
+ MIT Sloan MBA Essay Tips (2019 Entering Class)
Personality Type (Accepted MIT Sloan Students)
Cover Letter Checklist
Sample Essay 3: Extra-Curricular and How enriched you are
+ Haas MBA Essay Tips (2018 Entering Class)
Sample MBA Essay: Non-Profit
Sample MBA Essay: Technology
Sample MBA Essay: Marketing
Sample MBA Essay: Getting Fired
Sample MBA Essay: Diverse and Inclusive Culture
Sample MBA Essay: Leadership
Sample MBA Essay: Post-MBA Goal & How Pre-MBA Experience will help
+ Yale SOM MBA Essay Tips (2019 Entering Class)
Sample Yale SOM MBA Essay: Business Development (Mobile Start-Up)(486 Words)
Sample Yale SOM MBA Essay: Investment Banking (IB)(404 Words)
Sample Yale SOM MBA Essay: Consulting (442 Words)
Sample Yale SOM MBA Essay: Technology (452 Words)
Sample Yale SOM MBA Essay: Marketing (492 Words)
Sample Yale SOM MBA Essay: Entrepreneurship (497 Words)
+ Ross MBA Essay Tips (2019 Entering Class)
Sample MBA Essay: Finance Professional who was a former member of a rock band (96 Words)
Sample MBA Essay: Marketing Professional with a hidden talent to do Impression (100 Words)
Sample MBA Essay: Life Philosophy through the prism of an Entrepreneurial failure (94 Words)
Sample MBA Essay: Consulting for a Pharma Giant (Made a Difference) (91 Words)
Sample MBA Essay: Three-Level Sanitation Campaign (100 Words)
Sample MBA Essay: Water Conservation Kit (99 Words)
Sample MBA Essay: Losing client (100 Words)
Sample MBA Essay: Misreading Market Conditions (93 Words)
Sample MBA Essay: Strategic Planning vs. Tactical Dominance in Chess (97 Words)
Sample MBA Essay: Out of my comfort zone(extra-curricular) (93 Words)
Sample MBA Essay: Out of my comfort zone (Daily Science Show) (99 Words)
Sample MBA Essay: Simplifying Operations for Manufacturing (extra-curricular) (90 Words)
Sample MBA Essay: I am aware that I am different (Leadership and Culture) (98 Words)
Sample MBA Essay: I am aware that I am different (Technology Project and Last-minute change) (98 Words)
Sample MBA Essay: I am aware that I am different (Making Business metrics relevant to a Creative team) (91 Words)
Sample MBA Essay: I find it Challenging when People (Timidity)(98 Words)
Sample MBA Essay: I find it Challenging when People (Laziness)(100 Words)
Sample MBA Essay: I find it Challenging when People (Pessimism) (96 Words)
Sample Essay – Short-term Goals and why the goal is the right choice for you (Technology to Marketing)(299 Words)
+ London Business School MBA Essay Tips (2019 Entering Class)
London as the Financial Hub
London as the Technology Hub
London as the Consulting Hub
Sample LBS MBA Essay (A Career Switcher from Hospitality to Consulting) (499 Words)
Sample Short-term Goals Essay – Technology to Consulting (100 Words)
Sample Long-term Goals Essay – Consulting for Government (100 Words)
Sample Long-term Goals Essay – Plan B (89 Words)
Framework for Answering the Duke Fuqua 25 Random Things
Sample Duke Fuqua Essay: The Fuqua community and you (Max 2 Pages)
+ NYU Stern MBA Essay Tips (2019 Entering Class)
Sample NYU Stern Essay 1: Goals (498 Words) (Finance)
5 Examples with Images
7 Professional Gains
Sample Wharton MBA Essay 1: Gain professionally from the Wharton MBA? (473 words)
Sample Wharton MBA Essay #2: Math Tutoring and Experimental music’s value (388 Words)
+ The Art of Storytelling
+ Leadership Narratives
+ Review Tips
+ Persuasion Strategies
+ The Secret to "unleashing" your unique voice
+ How to write about your Strengths
+ How to write about your Weaknesses