ISB (Indian School of Business) Hyderabad is one of the most sought after school for most Indian and International MBA Applicants. In addition to world class faculty & partnerships with top universities (including Wharton, Kellogg,LBS, Stern & Haas), ISB PGP offers two key programs : Leadership Development Programme (or LDP) and Experiential Learning Programme. The two programs are the foundation on which participants develop their leadership and consulting skills.
Let us look at the Admission procedure, processes, and eligibility criteria for ISB.
Admission Procedure for ISB Hyderabad
• After the applications are submitted online, the applicant will be shortlisted for an interview.
• Interviews are conducted in Nov for First Round and in January for Second Round
• Decisions will be conveyed only after all the interviews are conducted for each round
• ISB Applicants can accept or reject the offer by paying INR 2, 00,000. This amount is non-refundable. For applicants entering through Corporate Leadership Immersion Programme (CLIP), the confirmation fee is
INR 5, 00,000.
• The Course commences in April
Eligibility for Admission to ISB
• Bachelor’s degree (Any discipline)
• Minimum Two years of Full-time Work Experience (Exception for applicants with demonstrable achievements)
• GMAT score (Although not officially provided but 700-720 is a safe bet for ISB applicants)
ISB Institution Code for Sending GMAT Score: N2DJ501
• TOEFL / IELTS / PTE score (For applicants who were part of undergraduate program in non-English medium)
ISB Institution Code for TOEFL Score: 9047
Changes in Admission Process for ISB Hyderabad (2014-15)
1) The video essay in ISB, one of the innovations that the school had introduced in 2012-13 has been discontinued due to poor formatting and false interpretation of the guidelines.
2) Less Experienced Applicants: ISB is known to attract more experienced students (5-7 years) but this year AdCom has introduced an Early Entry Option that allows students with 0-2 years of experience to apply and gain admission to ISB. The admission will be deferred until the students gain a minimum of 2 years of work experience.
3) Essays: The three mandatory written Essays and one optional essay are designed to understand more about the career goals of ISB PGP applicants.
ISB PGP Admission Criteria
To get into ISB PGP when the majority of applicants are from premium institutes, applicants have to evaluate the three criteria that the AdCom has highlighted:
Although ISB AdCom is not expecting leaders with a large list of achievements, leadership potential can be measured based on achievements in work and college. The leadership should be proved with relevant recommendation letter, which are part of the application. Highlight recent achievements, mostly in the workplace to fit this important criterion for ISB PGP Admissions.
Read 7 traits that proves Leadership Potential in MBA Applicants
ISB AdCom is not just looking for IITians. They are looking for a class with a diverse background including educational, work experience and nationality. Since over 70% of the applicant pool to ISB is from IT Industry, it is important to present the essay differently. We have written extensively about utilizing elements of storytelling for application. Read it here
The ISB PGP is an intense program that requires analytical rigor and ability to comprehend complex business concepts in a very short duration (1-year). The only proof that the AdCom has about your ability to master concepts and excel in them is through the transcripts that you share. For applicants with average GPA, GMAT score will play a key role in assessing your analytical and comprehension skill. ISB does not have a cut off score but GMAT score in the 700-720 range is an unofficial pre-requisite to stay competitive among one of the best applicant pool.
The competition is intense and for applicants with low GMAT and GPA, there is still hope. If your work experience involved leadership roles that was measurable and impactful, putting the achievements to persuasive words in essays will compensate for the below par GMAT or GPA. We have included elements of persuasion, storytelling, contexts, leadership, emotional intelligence, and storytelling in our essay guide. You can download it here
2019 MBA Research Guide - Choose your MBA
F1GMAT's Comprehensive MBA Research Guide will teach you how to select MBA programs through a bottom-up approach.
Articulating your Post-MBA Goals and Career Path is the FIRST step. Which program will give you that hike in Salary, Switch in Career, Change in Location or Job Satisfaction?
We cover them all through our extensive analysis.
+ How to Choose the Best MBA Program: Factors to Consider
Define Post-MBA Goals
Pick your Path: Generalize or Specialize
Use Moral Algebra Method
Use Multi-Attribute Utility Theory
Understand the Top 5 Risks
Measure MBA Career Service Team's Effectiveness
Use Bookending to Calculate MBA Admission Chance
Use Net Present Value to Calculate MBA Return on Investment
Don't Fall for the Mere Exposure Effect
Best Practices to find the truth in MBA Information Session or MBA Tour
Comprehensive MBA Research Guide: Includes Top MBA Programs by 19 Specializations:
+ General Management
+ Operations Management
+ Supply Chain Management
+ Luxury Management
+ Information Systems
+ Hospitality Management
+ Leadership Development
+ Military &
+ Top MBA Program Ranking
Top 20 MBA Programs - Tuition Fee (2018)
Top 31 MBA Programs in United States – Total Cost & Salary (2017)
Top 60 MBA – GMAT and GPA (Average & Median)
Top 20 European MBA Programs - Tuition Fee, Total Cost & Salary
Top 20 European MBA Programs (Based on Actual Salary Increase)
Top 20 European MBA Programs (Short-term return on investment)
Top 20 Affordable European MBA Programs
Top 10 MBA in UK – Salary & Fee (2018)
Top MBA Destinations Based on Happiness Index
Top MBA Destinations based on Innovation Index
Top 10 MBA Job Markets based on Cost of living and Purchasing Power
Top MBA Destination: By Economy
+Comparisons - Top MBA Programs
Wharton vs. Columbia MBA (2018)
MIT vs. Stanford MBA (2017)
Haas vs. Ross MBA (2018)
Kellogg vs Ross MBA
Booth vs Wharton MBA
MIT Sloan vs Tuck MBA
IMD vs. INSEAD MBA (2017)
IIMA vs. ISB (2017)
+ MBA in France (2018)
Top Industries in France
Top MBA Programs in France
+ MBA in the UK (2018)
Top Industries in the UK
Top MBA Programs in the UK
Scholarships in the UK