Almost all MBA Admission interviews will end with the question – “Do you have any questions for me”. Therefore, it is only appropriate that you learn the best practices.
Before we go into best practices, do the following tasks, the week before your interview.
1) Research about the School
You might have done extensive research about the school by visiting the website, interacting with alumni and AdCom during campus visit, MBA Tours and other social gatherings. Nevertheless, visit the school’s MBA programs page, Admission director’s blog, news, and events pages.
Most schools regularly update about upcoming events, speaker series and other achievements. Note down all of them. To makes things easier for you, we have written a comprehensive MBA Research Guide with comparative data of top Schools. Download it here and quote the numbers we have used.
2) Research about the Interviewer(s)
Once you have been invited for an interview, you will at least know the name of the interviewer. Otherwise, list the names of the AdCom members and research about each of them. Now it is time to show your internet research skills. Try to gather as much information about the interviewer. Search for blogs (school and personal), twitter handle and other news release with the interviewer’s name.
a) What kind of personality does the interviewer have(Introvert, Extrovert, Cautious, Confident)
Make an educated guess based on the thoughts expressed by the interviewer in social media, blogs or during face-to-face interactions.
1) Booth School of Business
2) Columbia Business School
3) Ivey Business School
4) Johnson Graduate School of Management
6) Kellogg School of Management
7) Stanford Graduate School of Business
8) London Business School
9) Harvard Business School
10) MIT Sloan School of Management
11) Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania (Team Discussion Strategy + Interview Tips)
2. How to do Gap Analysis for MBA Admission Interview Preparation?
3. 5 Conversation Plan for MBA Admission Interview
4. Focus on the Interaction
5. How can you control First Impression in MBA Admission Interview
6. How to improve likeability in MBA Admissions Interview
7. Avoid these 4 Handshakes
8. How to highlight Personal, Cultural, and Academic Dimensions of your personality
9. What motivates an Interviewer?
10. How to Fine Tune your answers according to MBA Admission Interviewer's Personality Type
11. How to answer the “Tell us about yourself” introductory question?
12. How to answer Walk me through your resume?
13. 5 Follow-up questions to expect
14. What is the greatest accomplishment in your professional career?
15. What is your leadership style?
16. How would you contribute at the School Community
17. What is the most difficult obstacle you overcame?
18. Are you a Creative Person?
19. How do you define Success?
20. How to answer about Innovative Solutions?
21. Answering Frequent Job Switch
22. How did you Handle Conflict?
23. How did you manage Change?
24. Give an Example of an Ethical Dilemma you faced. How did you handle it?
25. Answering Greatest Accomplishment
26. How did you Handle a Difficult Boss?
27.Tell me a time when you made a Mistake. What did you learn from it?
28. How to summarize your Career?
29. How to explain low grades?
30. How to answer Scenario Questions?
31. How to answer the Backup Plan Question
32. How to discuss about Industry Experience & your Role?
33. What Questions should you ask the AdCom after an MBA Admissions Interview?
34. 7 Things to Consider for Skype MBA Admission Interviews
35. 5 Must Read MBA Admission Telephonic Interview Tips