Before answering this question, you should know the other commonly asked MBA Admission Interview Questions. Based on the distribution of questions – professional or personal, you should plan for this question. We recommend that you include a personal account; something inspiring that led you to develop your principal personality trait. It can be persistence, communication, or leadership.
Persistence - Skill Development
Leaders often swear by this quality, and applicants never miss an opportunity to highlight this quality in the essays, but if you go by the traditional definition, persistence means continuing in the path of pursuing a goal without getting affected by the immediate outcome. If the immediacy of the outcome, however negative it might be, did not deter you from pursuing the goal - mention the experience for the ‘Most Difficult’ obstacle you overcame question.
One good example is Skill Development.
Skill Development: When you develop a new skill, the initial period can be discouraging. It is not that you were less intelligent. According to studies, it takes six months for the effort to see any tangible results.
“If had quit the Violin lessons, one month after the constant corrections that come with the class, I would have never made it to the orchestra,” chimed an applicant. “The baby steps never seem to take me anywhere, and the ‘Master’ instructor was not the ‘motivational’ guru type. Appreciations were few, smiles rare, and he seem to hate the job. I never found it inspiring when he corrected me. Deep down I knew he didn’t care. But when Master Chow urged me to stay back, I knew I did something terribly wrong. He had noticed my struggle after two months, and he had a quick fix. When I played a note, I started right but when the tunes sustain for over 1 minute, I began to lose the note. It was tiring, and my wrist started ....
1) Booth School of Business
2) Columbia Business School
3) Ivey Business School
4) Johnson Graduate School of Management
6) Kellogg School of Management
7) Stanford Graduate School of Business
8) London Business School
9) Harvard Business School
10) MIT Sloan School of Management
11) Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania (Team Discussion Strategy + Interview Tips)
2. How to do Gap Analysis for MBA Admission Interview Preparation?
3. 5 Conversation Plan for MBA Admission Interview
4. Focus on the Interaction
5. How can you control First Impression in MBA Admission Interview
6. How to improve likeability in MBA Admissions Interview
7. Avoid these 4 Handshakes
8. How to highlight Personal, Cultural, and Academic Dimensions of your personality
9. What motivates an Interviewer?
10. How to Fine Tune your answers according to MBA Admission Interviewer's Personality Type
11. How to answer the “Tell us about yourself” introductory question?
12. How to answer Walk me through your resume?
13. 5 Follow-up questions to expect
14. What is the greatest accomplishment in your professional career?
15. What is your leadership style?
16. How would you contribute at the School Community
17. What is the most difficult obstacle you overcame?
18. Are you a Creative Person?
19. How do you define Success?
20. How to answer about Innovative Solutions?
21. Answering Frequent Job Switch
22. How did you Handle Conflict?
23. How did you manage Change?
24. Give an Example of an Ethical Dilemma you faced. How did you handle it?
25. Answering Greatest Accomplishment
26. How did you Handle a Difficult Boss?
27.Tell me a time when you made a Mistake. What did you learn from it?
28. How to summarize your Career?
29. How to explain low grades?
30. How to answer Scenario Questions?
31. How to answer the Backup Plan Question
32. How to discuss about Industry Experience & your Role?
33. What Questions should you ask the AdCom after an MBA Admissions Interview?
34. 7 Things to Consider for Skype MBA Admission Interviews
35. 5 Must Read MBA Admission Telephonic Interview Tips