If you are a Canadian, the incentive to pursue an MBA and join Business Administration is high as roles in Business with a Bachelor’s degree is the 20th best-earning degree in Canada.
A Master’s degree pushes your median salary to the 3rd best in Canada with $92,050.
The interesting part is that if you have a Pharma background, switching to Business Administration would reduce your earning capacity even if you return to the Pharma industry. However, Engineers can expect to increase their earning capacity between 15 and 21% with an MBA.
Finance is the most popular post-graduate program despite the 2008 financial meltdown cutting out almost 70% jobs for Finance professionals aged 28 and below.
The unemployment rate among the group now is 6.7%, lower than the national average of 7%. The quick recovery has pushed Finance back to the top in Canada.
The Above Post is an Excerpt from the Book - Why Canada: A Complete
Career Guide for MBA Applicants.
Download it from here.
|Bachelor's Degree||Median Earnings||Master's Degree||Median Earnings||Fees|
|Geo and Earth Sciences||$71,731||Business Administration||$92,050||$21780|
|Computer Engineering||$68,014||Geo and Earth Sciences||$88,802||$47826|
|Other Engineering||$67,279||Civil engineering||$86,590||$94,000|
|Electrical engineering||$66,332||Computer Engineering||$85,998||$88,344|
|Civil engineering||$66,313||Chemical Engineering||$85,670||$14869|
|Law and Legal Studies||$61,809||Other Engineering||$84,484||$66,718|
Why Canada: A Complete Career Guide for MBA Applicants
1. To make it easier for you to choose the top Business Schools in Canada, we have ranked 8 schools based on post-MBA Salary.
2. The Book Analyzes all the ten provinces: Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, and Saskatchewan on Post-MBA Job Opportunities in Oil & Gas, Media, Technology, Finance, Hospitality, Manufacturing, Aerospace, Life Science, Energy, Agriculture, Mining, Forestry, Construction, and Healthcare.
3. We have covered all the funding details (scholarships, loans, and other financial assistance) for the top 8 Business Schools in Canada
4. You don't have to read through hundreds of forum posts or spend hours Googling through scholarship and loan pages. We have summarized the funding with Name, Amount, Number of Awards and most importantly the criteria for selection.
5. Our analysis summarizes the curriculum for the Full-time MBA program, dives into the class composition, and evaluates the post-MBA opportunities available at each school including the list of top Employers.
Download Why Canada: A Complete Career Guide for MBA Applicants