The above is no substitute for reading each sentence carefully, predicting what the correct answer might look like, and finding it in the answer choices of course. A little more on each of the decision points:
• Whole sentence underlined: There isn't much to say about this. With no part of the sentence left static, there's more to keep in mind; the other decisions still help.
• Answer start or end with a verb: Beware nouns close to the verb that may distract you from the real subject
• Answer start or end with a pronoun: Read carefully for the pronoun's antecedent (the word it's replacing in the sentence)
• Modifying phrase, set apart by comma(s): These phrases are easier to spot and work with when they start the sentence, since you need only look at the first thing after the first comma, but these modifying phrases can appear anywhere.
• Separation of subject and verb: The further apart they are, the more words there will be to confuse you. Try paraphrasing the core of the sentence to simplify it.
• List in the passage: The GMAT loves parallelism so much, they should get married, and lists are a great way to test parallelism.
Essential GMAT Reading Comprehension Guide
After you read F1GMAT’s Essential GMAT Reading Comprehension Guide, you will:
1. Complete GMAT RC Questions in less than 1 minute and 50 seconds
2. Read Faster
3. Take Notes Effectively
4. Collect and Interpret Facts
5. Speed up Summary Creation
6. Remember Information
7. Question the Author
8. Learn to answer GMAT Reading Comprehension Title question
9. Learn to Solve GMAT Reading Comprehension Main Idea Question
10.Learn to Solve GMAT Reading comprehension inference question
11. Learn to Solve GMAT Reading Comprehension Detail Questions
12. Learn to Organize passage in GMAT Reading Comprehension
13. Learn to Identify style/tone or attitude of the author
14. Learn to Improve GMAT Reading Comprehension Score
Download Essential GMAT Reading Comprehension Guide
Mastering GMAT Critical Reasoning
After you read F1GMAT’s Mastering GMAT Critical Reasoning Guide, you will:
1) Learn to eliminate out of scope answer choices
2) Learn to spot logical fallacies
3) Learn to read questions by focusing on the holy trinity – premise, assumption, and conclusion.
4) Learn to disregard filler information
5) Complete GMAT CR Questions in less than 1 minute and 40 seconds
Download Mastering GMAT Critical Reasoning