Kellogg requires all MBA Applicants to request for an Interview. Please bear in mind that requesting for an off-campus interview does not guarantee an invitation for the same. For on-campus Interview, expect a response within 2 Business days. For off-campus Interview, it can take up to eight weeks depending upon the demand and location.
Process: There are two parts for Kellogg MBA Application with the Interview part being the first. While requesting for the interview you have to submit your resume and request for either On-Campus or Off-Campus interview. If an interview is not scheduled within the deadline, the interview will be waived. Your candidacy is evaluated based on GMAT Score, Essays, Recommendation letter and Interview.
Duration: 30 Minutes to 1 Hour
Interview Style: Friendly and conversational
Interview Conducted by: Alumni, Admissions Officer or Current Student (Decision based on feedback from all three sections of the admission committee. Equal priority given to all decision makers)
1) Create an Effective Resume
Kellogg MBA Admission interviews are based completely on your resume. The interviewer does not read your application so you have to highlight your achievements and leadership skills in your resume.
2) Read you resume several times
Since the interview is completely based on your resume. Read it several times and have a story on each section of the resume – achievements, extra-curricular and job details.
3)Bring a Copy/Send resume via e-mail
For on-campus interview, bring a hard copy of your resume, while for off-campus interviews, send a copy via e-mail
4) Be prepared with Leadership and Goal Questions
Kellogg School of Management values leadership. When you describe your job responsibilities focus on ...
The above post is an Excerpt from MBA Admission Interview Guide
Testimonial - MBA Admission Interview Guide
Since MIT and many other Top Business Schools have put a lot of emphasis on behavioral questions, it is important to know what messages you want to convey with each question. F1GMAT’s Interview Guide gave me a clear framework to discuss questions related to conflict management, failure, achievements and goals. The guide also covers etiquette and proper body language." - India/Japan (MIT Sloan MBA Candidate)
"I bought three interview guides from so called 'Experts'. Nothing comes close to what F1GMAT has written." - US (Chicago Booth Candidate)
"The guide teaches you how to control first impression. A concept that I tested during my interview." - US (Harvard MBA Candidate)
Download MBA Admission Interview Guide
1) Booth School of Business
2) Columbia Business School
3) Ivey Business School
4) Johnson Graduate School of Management
6) Kellogg School of Management
7) Stanford Graduate School of Business
8) London Business School
9) Harvard Business School
10) MIT Sloan School of Management
11) Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania (Team Discussion Strategy + Interview Tips)
2. How to do Gap Analysis for MBA Admission Interview Preparation?
3. 5 Conversation Plan for MBA Admission Interview
4. Focus on the Interaction
5. How can you control First Impression in MBA Admission Interview
6. How to improve likeability in MBA Admissions Interview
7. Avoid these 4 Handshakes
8. How to highlight Personal, Cultural, and Academic Dimensions of your personality
9. What motivates an Interviewer?
10. How to Fine Tune your answers according to MBA Admission Interviewer's Personality Type
11. How to answer the “Tell us about yourself” introductory question?
12. How to answer Walk me through your resume?
13. 5 Follow-up questions to expect
14. What is the greatest accomplishment in your professional career?
15. What is your leadership style?
16. How would you contribute at the School Community
17. What is the most difficult obstacle you overcame?
18. Are you a Creative Person?
19. How do you define Success?
20. How to answer about Innovative Solutions?
21. Answering Frequent Job Switch
22. How did you Handle Conflict?
23. How did you manage Change?
24. Give an Example of an Ethical Dilemma you faced. How did you handle it?
25. Answering Greatest Accomplishment
26. How did you Handle a Difficult Boss?
27.Tell me a time when you made a Mistake. What did you learn from it?
28. How to summarize your Career?
29. How to explain low grades?
30. How to answer Scenario Questions?
31. How to answer the Backup Plan Question
32. How to discuss about Industry Experience & your Role?
33. What Questions should you ask the AdCom after an MBA Admissions Interview?
34. 7 Things to Consider for Skype MBA Admission Interviews
35. 5 Must Read MBA Admission Telephonic Interview Tips