Johnson at Cornell University MBA Admission Interviews is by invitation only. The admission team provide a variety of interview options namely campus visits, alumni interview in your country and Skype interviews.
Interview Conducted by AdCom, Alumni or Current Students (In some cases, AdCom and Current Student will be present in the interview)
Duration: 30 Minutes to 1 Hour and 30 minutes
Style of Interview: Pleasant to Formal by AdCom, and Aggressive to Formal by current Students/Alumni
1) Read your resume
Like any top MBA Admissions interview, interviewers at Johnson MBA will use the resume as the first point of reference. Make sure that your strengths and achievements are highlighted. Download resume guide for reference. Read your resume several times so that you have a clear idea on how to articulate the projects, extra-curricular and other achievements.
2) Visit the Campus
You might think that this tip has nothing to do with the interview. But the Johnson MBA AdCom advises applicants to visit the campus and register for a class visit. Your previous interactions with the AdCom team will help you ease your nerves when you meet them during the interview. When you answer the why Johnson MBA question, the class visit will provide you with added reference to why the program is unique. The class participation and team spirit can only be experienced through a class visit.
For Complete Do's, Download F1GMAT's MBA Admission Interview Guide
1) Do not dress in casuals
Although the interview is conversational, do not dress in casuals.
Men: Suit and tie
Women: Pants, Suit or a skirt suit
2) Be on Time
As in any other interview, be on time. If it is a campus-based interview, make sure that you confirm the interview schedule with the Adcom. Note down the route to Ithaca campus.
Extra attention should be given to interviews conducted by Alumni. They might be in the middle of a busy schedule. It is your responsibility to confirm the location and time of the interview.
For Complete Don'ts, Download F1GMAT's MBA Admission Interview Guide
1) Walk me through your resume
2) How did you choose your career path?
3) Tell me something about you that is not mentioned in the resume
4) Walk me through your employment history and why you made the changes (in job or industry)
For Complete List of Key Questions, Download Interview Guide
36) Do you have any questions for me/us?
Download MBA Admission Interview Guide(Complete Dos and Don'ts along with Key Questions)
1) Booth School of Business
2) Columbia Business School
3) Ivey Business School
4) Johnson Graduate School of Management
6) Kellogg School of Management
7) Stanford Graduate School of Business
8) London Business School
9) Harvard Business School
10) MIT Sloan School of Management
11) Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania (Team Discussion Strategy + Interview Tips)
2. How to do Gap Analysis for MBA Admission Interview Preparation?
3. 5 Conversation Plan for MBA Admission Interview
4. Focus on the Interaction
5. How can you control First Impression in MBA Admission Interview
6. How to improve likeability in MBA Admissions Interview
7. Avoid these 4 Handshakes
8. How to highlight Personal, Cultural, and Academic Dimensions of your personality
9. What motivates an Interviewer?
10. How to Fine Tune your answers according to MBA Admission Interviewer's Personality Type
11. How to answer the “Tell us about yourself” introductory question?
12. How to answer Walk me through your resume?
13. 5 Follow-up questions to expect
14. What is the greatest accomplishment in your professional career?
15. What is your leadership style?
16. How would you contribute at the School Community
17. What is the most difficult obstacle you overcame?
18. Are you a Creative Person?
19. How do you define Success?
20. How to answer about Innovative Solutions?
21. Answering Frequent Job Switch
22. How did you Handle Conflict?
23. How did you manage Change?
24. Give an Example of an Ethical Dilemma you faced. How did you handle it?
25. Answering Greatest Accomplishment
26. How did you Handle a Difficult Boss?
27.Tell me a time when you made a Mistake. What did you learn from it?
28. How to summarize your Career?
29. How to explain low grades?
30. How to answer Scenario Questions?
31. How to answer the Backup Plan Question
32. How to discuss about Industry Experience & your Role?
33. What Questions should you ask the AdCom after an MBA Admissions Interview?
34. 7 Things to Consider for Skype MBA Admission Interviews
35. 5 Must Read MBA Admission Telephonic Interview Tips