Switching jobs is a red flag for job interviews, and can be one for MBA Admission interview if the switch is more than two in a period of 3 years. You can change this weakness into strength by successfully articulating how your search for the right career started from the first year, on the job, and have led you to consider an MBA.
Admit Lack of Clarity
The often-heard answer about career search is a fake story about the search for better work environment, and team. Reality is that when we enter the first job, the clarity about the daily job responsibilities is limited, and the difference between perception and reality is quite wide. The less than inspiring daily chores wear the candidates down, and they become disillusioned with their choice. That is when the search for better opportunities starts.
The search for better opportunities starts with shortlisting jobs where the daily chores match your aptitude. Explain how you went through the details of the job, contacted current employees, and interacted with senior professionals, to learn about the career path. Once you understood the job profile, how was the experience? Was it a better experience? When did you hit the ceiling in terms of opportunities?
Most candidates hit the second ceiling after....
1) Booth School of Business
2) Columbia Business School
3) Ivey Business School
4) Johnson Graduate School of Management
6) Kellogg School of Management
7) Stanford Graduate School of Business
8) London Business School
9) Harvard Business School
10) MIT Sloan School of Management
11) Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania (Team Discussion Strategy + Interview Tips)
2. How to do Gap Analysis for MBA Admission Interview Preparation?
3. 5 Conversation Plan for MBA Admission Interview
4. Focus on the Interaction
5. How can you control First Impression in MBA Admission Interview
6. How to improve likeability in MBA Admissions Interview
7. Avoid these 4 Handshakes
8. How to highlight Personal, Cultural, and Academic Dimensions of your personality
9. What motivates an Interviewer?
10. How to Fine Tune your answers according to MBA Admission Interviewer's Personality Type
11. How to answer the “Tell us about yourself” introductory question?
12. How to answer Walk me through your resume?
13. 5 Follow-up questions to expect
14. What is the greatest accomplishment in your professional career?
15. What is your leadership style?
16. How would you contribute at the School Community
17. What is the most difficult obstacle you overcame?
18. Are you a Creative Person?
19. How do you define Success?
20. How to answer about Innovative Solutions?
21. Answering Frequent Job Switch
22. How did you Handle Conflict?
23. How did you manage Change?
24. Give an Example of an Ethical Dilemma you faced. How did you handle it?
25. Answering Greatest Accomplishment
26. How did you Handle a Difficult Boss?
27.Tell me a time when you made a Mistake. What did you learn from it?
28. How to summarize your Career?
29. How to explain low grades?
30. How to answer Scenario Questions?
31. How to answer the Backup Plan Question
32. How to discuss about Industry Experience & your Role?
33. What Questions should you ask the AdCom after an MBA Admissions Interview?
34. 7 Things to Consider for Skype MBA Admission Interviews
35. 5 Must Read MBA Admission Telephonic Interview Tips