History of Copenhagen Business School
Copenhagen Business School (CBS) was founded in 1917 to meet the business sector demand for highly qualified people. Today, it is the leading business school in Northern Europe. CBS offers a comprehensive range of programs in business economics and modern languages for international business communication on bachelor’s, master’s and PhD level.
Internationally oriented, CBS maintains close partnerships with the business community and has exchange agreements with more than 300 universities and business schools worldwide. In addition to the AMBA and EQUIS accreditations, CBS is the Danish member of CEMS – Community of European Management Schools; which only accepts one university as member from each European country. Furthermore, CBS is also a member of PIM – Partnership in International Management – a corresponding international consortium of prestigious business schools.
MBA Programs Offered
The CBS Full-Time MBA Program - A Unique Experience
Class Size: Restricted in size and selective in admission, this is an exclusive MBA program with a population of smart, engaged, experienced, pleasant, and extremely international students. CBS is not a student factory but a thought machine where student brains are charged and challenged in various ways from day one.
World-Class Faculty: The program has state-of-the-art coverage of all core management disciplines combined with relevant elective courses all taught by world-class faculty.
Creative thinking and entrepreneurship: The courses reflect a Scandinavian management style where social responsibility permeates the entire curriculum. Creative thinking and entrepreneurship are central aspects of the program. Leadership skills are honed through a personal discovery process that offers unique mentoring sessions to share ideas with seasoned executives.
Interactive Class: Classes are conducted in an informal learning atmosphere where knowledge and understanding is formed by selective expertise and joint reflection. Everything can be questioned and challenged in the quest for new insight and it is paramount to have fun in the process.
“If you have the ambition to become a driving force in shaping the global business community of tomorrow, I urge you to consider joining the CBS Full-Time MBA program and excel your aspirations.” - Torben Juul Andersen, Professor and Associate Dean
Mission: The aim of CBS is, each year, to create a team of participants who can learn from each other. We believe that the only way that participants can really develop is to be part of a diverse international environment. The class size is limited to a maximum of 50 to ensure the MBA is personal and that discussion and small group work are fundamentals of the program.
Diversity and Uniqueness of Copenhagen MBA
1. Nationality: 90% of the participants are international. They come from 22 different countries as diverse as Brazil, Bhutan, Vietnam, Chile, USA, South Africa, Mexico, Bulgaria, Finland, China and India.
2. Age: Participants from 25 to 51 years old, with an average age of 32.
3. Work experience: The minimum we accept is 3 years work experience. This year the average work experience is just over 8 years, with a range from 3 to 25 years.
4. Educational background: Again, we aim for diversity. There are 25% from Business Administration, 23% from Humanities and Social Sciences, 12% from Engineering, 12% from economics and Finance.
5. Career Background: The goal is to attract as many different backgrounds as possible. This year for example we have a Dentist from Germany, a Soldier from the USA, a UN election expert from Argentina.
Diversity = Learning Experience
Such diversity greatly increases the opportunity to learn from other participants and their experiences. All participants agree that this is a huge part of the learning experience here in Copenhagen
1. Small class size – limited to 50 students, meaning a personal discussion based education with a genuine network at the end of the program.
2. Experienced class – With an average age of just of 32 and work experience of 8 years you will be in one of the world’s most experienced Full-time MBA classes.
3. Leadership Discovery Process - During the MBA, you will take a journey of personal and professional development with numerous opportunities to explore what leadership is and to develop your capacity to exercise it effectively and responsibly.
4. Entrepreneurial Mindset - We do more than let you dream, we stimulate you to broaden your mind in search for the right opportunities.
5. Integrated Strategy Project - This is the final challenge of the program. Teams of MBA participants, under the guidance of faculty and experienced executives, conduct an integrated strategy study for an internationally oriented company in Denmark.
6. Danish Economy - Denmark has one of the world's strongest economies and one of Europe's lowest rates of unemployment.
7. Visa System - Denmark has Europe's best visa system for non-EU citizens, reflecting the governments' desire to attract and keep the best international labour.
8. Wonderful Copenhagen - Some of the highest living standards In the world, safe, clean, beautiful, diverse, open-minded, historic.
9. Brand new Facilities - In September 2010 the program moved into brand new state-of-the-art facilities.
2019 MBA Research Guide - Choose your MBA
F1GMAT's Comprehensive MBA Research Guide will teach you how to select MBA programs through a bottom-up approach.
Articulating your Post-MBA Goals and Career Path is the FIRST step. Which program will give you that hike in Salary, Switch in Career, Change in Location or Job Satisfaction?
We cover them all through our extensive analysis.
+ How to Choose the Best MBA Program: Factors to Consider
Define Post-MBA Goals
Pick your Path: Generalize or Specialize
Use Moral Algebra Method
Use Multi-Attribute Utility Theory
Understand the Top 5 Risks
Measure MBA Career Service Team's Effectiveness
Use Bookending to Calculate MBA Admission Chance
Use Net Present Value to Calculate MBA Return on Investment
Don't Fall for the Mere Exposure Effect
Best Practices to find the truth in MBA Information Session or MBA Tour
Comprehensive MBA Research Guide: Includes Top MBA Programs by 19 Specializations:
+ General Management
+ Operations Management
+ Supply Chain Management
+ Luxury Management
+ Information Systems
+ Hospitality Management
+ Leadership Development
+ Military &
+ Top MBA Program Ranking
Top 20 MBA Programs - Tuition Fee (2018)
Top 31 MBA Programs in United States – Total Cost & Salary (2017)
Top 60 MBA – GMAT and GPA (Average & Median)
Top 20 European MBA Programs - Tuition Fee, Total Cost & Salary
Top 20 European MBA Programs (Based on Actual Salary Increase)
Top 20 European MBA Programs (Short-term return on investment)
Top 20 Affordable European MBA Programs
Top 10 MBA in UK – Salary & Fee (2018)
Top MBA Destinations Based on Happiness Index
Top MBA Destinations based on Innovation Index
Top 10 MBA Job Markets based on Cost of living and Purchasing Power
Top MBA Destination: By Economy
+Comparisons - Top MBA Programs
Wharton vs. Columbia MBA (2018)
MIT vs. Stanford MBA (2017)
Haas vs. Ross MBA (2018)
Kellogg vs Ross MBA
Booth vs Wharton MBA
MIT Sloan vs Tuck MBA
IMD vs. INSEAD MBA (2017)
IIMA vs. ISB (2017)
Harvard vs. Stanford MBA (2017)
+ MBA in France (2018)
Top Industries in France
Top MBA Programs in France
Scholarships in France
+ MBA in the UK (2018)
Top Industries in the UK
Top MBA Programs in the UK
Scholarships in the UK
New Visa Rules: Post-Brexit