Chicago Booth MBA Admission Interview will be granted on an invitation-only basis. The invitation is provided after evaluation of your application. The candidates will be invited to an interview during the mid-decision date with details on how to schedule an appointment. Booth MBA candidates will be provided with only one interview.
Interview Conducted by: Admissions staff, Students or Alumni
Duration: 30 Minutes to 1 Hour and 30 Minutes
Style of Interview: Friendly and Conversational
Tip 1: Read your Resume Several Times
Chicago Booth MBA Admission Interviewers are a well prepared lot. They will go through your resume in detail and would ask each and every accomplishments, projects, roles and additional information that you have mentioned in your resume. You should be able to explain each and every line in your resume. Also bring a copy of your resume.
Tip 2: Project your leadership capabilities
The reason why the interviewer asks a lot about your projects and roles is to learn about your leadership capabilities. Focus on your leadership when you describe your roles.
Tip 3: Prepare thoroughly for the "Why MBA" and "Why Chicago Booth" questions
The Interviewer will spend considerable number of minutes on these two questions. So be well prepared. The answer to the two questions will show your motivation for Chicago Booth MBA. The Booth Interviewer doesn't want to hear that you chose Booth because of its brand value. The reasons have to be more than the brand. Paraphrase the USP of Chicago Booth with your personal discovery (what you have found out by talking to the Alumni and the things that motivated you to choose Booth over other schools). You should also be able to articulate how you will add value to the Booth Community.
1) Booth School of Business
2) Columbia Business School
3) Ivey Business School
4) Johnson Graduate School of Management
6) Kellogg School of Management
7) Stanford Graduate School of Business
8) London Business School
9) Harvard Business School
10) MIT Sloan School of Management
11) Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania (Team Discussion Strategy + Interview Tips)
2. How to do Gap Analysis for MBA Admission Interview Preparation?
3. 5 Conversation Plan for MBA Admission Interview
4. Focus on the Interaction
5. How can you control First Impression in MBA Admission Interview
6. How to improve likeability in MBA Admissions Interview
7. Avoid these 4 Handshakes
8. How to highlight Personal, Cultural, and Academic Dimensions of your personality
9. What motivates an Interviewer?
10. How to Fine Tune your answers according to MBA Admission Interviewer's Personality Type
11. How to answer the “Tell us about yourself” introductory question?
12. How to answer Walk me through your resume?
13. 5 Follow-up questions to expect
14. What is the greatest accomplishment in your professional career?
15. What is your leadership style?
16. How would you contribute at the School Community
17. What is the most difficult obstacle you overcame?
18. Are you a Creative Person?
19. How do you define Success?
20. How to answer about Innovative Solutions?
21. Answering Frequent Job Switch
22. How did you Handle Conflict?
23. How did you manage Change?
24. Give an Example of an Ethical Dilemma you faced. How did you handle it?
25. Answering Greatest Accomplishment
26. How did you Handle a Difficult Boss?
27.Tell me a time when you made a Mistake. What did you learn from it?
28. How to summarize your Career?
29. How to explain low grades?
30. How to answer Scenario Questions?
31. How to answer the Backup Plan Question
32. How to discuss about Industry Experience & your Role?
33. What Questions should you ask the AdCom after an MBA Admissions Interview?
34. 7 Things to Consider for Skype MBA Admission Interviews
35. 5 Must Read MBA Admission Telephonic Interview Tips