History and birth of SBS
Strathclyde Business School is internationally respected as one of the most innovative and largest business schools of its kind in Europe. It is Scotland’s premier business school, with over 200 academic staff and more than 3000 full time students, both undergraduate and postgraduate.SBS has a reputation for innovation in business and management education, and was the first school in the UK to offer a full time one year MBA programme in 1966, a part time MBA in 1976 and a distance learning MBA in 1983. SBS offered the first DBA (Doctor of Business Administration) in the UK, and pioneered the study of marketing.
Founded in 1947, Strathclyde Business School offers high quality business education and management development for both inexperienced graduates and senior managers. SBS has nine international centres where the MBA can be studied.
Full time MBA
The full time MBA is studied over 12 months in Glasgow; the first nine months will be dominated by classes, group-work and personal development processes, while the last three months will be spent completing the MBA project.
Part time MBA
Aimed at working managers local to the Glasgow-based business school, it offers course members the opportunity to gain a valued and well-established management qualification in a way best suited to their professional and personal circumstances. Teaching is via evening classes and four compulsory weekend schools spread over the course of study. Typically, the course is completed in three years.
Part time MBA via international centres
The Strathclyde MBA has been available outside the UK since 1988, and incorporates elements of part-time, full-time and open learning methods of study. Our centre partners provide full administrative support, teaching facilities and are on hand to deal with every day needs but students are centrally recruited onto the programme, with our academics in Glasgow delivering the core elements of the programme in our international centres.
Flexible learning MBA
This MBA programme allows you to direct your own studies while providing a level of support that an internationally recognised school can offer. While self-study is the main way of learning, workshops and seminars allow for peer interaction and group learning. This programme offers a standard timetable that should see students graduate in three years, but this can be tailored to suit individual needs.
- Triple accredited – SBS is one of only 43 business schools in the world to hold international accreditation from the three industry hallmarks of excellence – AMBA, AACSB and EQUIS
- Excellent research – the most recent Research Assessment Exercise 2008 affirmed SBS as a leader for ‘world leading and internationally excellent’ research, which is fed back in to the teaching programmes
- International operation – SBS operate nine well-established international centres in Europe, the Gulf and SE Asia. SBS is Europe’s first university faculty to be awarded a licence to operate an MBA programme in the United Arab Emirates
- Experienced – SBS have over 40 years’ experience in developing the MBA programmes
- Connected – SBS has an outstanding international alumni network of over 9000 world-wide
- Purpose-built – SBS is a purpose-built facility designed to meet the demands of both students and practising managers, with a Business Information Service created to serve the needs of the course members
- Highly ranked – Financial Times Global MBA survey, January 2010: 1st in Scotland, 10th equal in UK; Financial Times European Business School rankings, November 2008 and 2009: Top 5 in the UK, top 20 in Europe.
More information about SBS MBA programmes
2020 MBA Research Guide - Choose your MBA
F1GMAT's Comprehensive MBA Research Guide will teach you how to select MBA programs through a bottom-up approach.
Articulating your Post-MBA Goals and Career Path is the FIRST step. Which program will give you that hike in Salary, Switch in Career, Change in Location or Job Satisfaction?
We cover them all through our extensive analysis.
+ How to Choose the Best MBA Program: Factors to Consider
Define Post-MBA Goals
Pick your Path: Generalize or Specialize
Use Moral Algebra Method
Use Multi-Attribute Utility Theory
Understand the Top 5 Risks
Measure MBA Career Service Team's Effectiveness
Use Bookending to Calculate MBA Admission Chance
Use Net Present Value to Calculate MBA Return on Investment
Don't Fall for the Mere Exposure Effect
Best Practices to find the truth in MBA Information Session or MBA Tour
Comprehensive MBA Research Guide: Includes Top MBA Programs by 19 Specializations:
+ General Management
+ Operations Management
+ Supply Chain Management
+ Luxury Management
+ Information Systems
+ Hospitality Management
+ Leadership Development
+ Military &
+ Top MBA Program Ranking
Top 20 MBA Programs - Tuition Fee
Top 31 MBA Programs in United States – Total Cost & Salary
Top 60 MBA – GMAT and GPA (Average & Median)
Top 20 European MBA Programs - Tuition Fee, Total Cost & Salary
Top 20 European MBA Programs (Based on Actual Salary Increase)
Top 20 European MBA Programs (Short-term return on investment)
Top 20 Affordable European MBA Programs
Top 10 MBA in UK – Salary & Fee
Top MBA Destinations Based on Happiness Index
Top MBA Destinations based on Innovation Index
Top 10 MBA Job Markets based on Cost of living and Purchasing Power
Top MBA Destination: By Economy
+Comparisons - Top MBA Programs
Wharton vs. Columbia MBA
MIT vs. Stanford MBA
Haas vs. Ross MBA
Kellogg vs Ross MBA
Booth vs Wharton MBA
MIT Sloan vs Tuck MBA
IMD vs. INSEAD MBA
IIMA vs. ISB
Harvard vs. Stanford MBA
+ MBA in France (2018)
Top Industries in France
Top MBA Programs in France
Scholarships in France
+ MBA in the UK (2018)
Top Industries in the UK
Top MBA Programs in the UK
Scholarships in the UK
New Visa Rules: Post-Brexit
+ Germany: Industry Trends, Post MBA Jobs and Salaries (2020) (NEW!)
- IoT and IIOT
- Management Consulting
- Post-MBA industries (German Top Schools)