Stanford GSB admission interviews are by invitation only. The admission committee reviews the candidates’ application before considering them for interview. They consider between 800-1200 applicants for this round. The Adcom contacts candidates via email or phone.
Note: Do not call or contact the admission office to request for an interview.
Interview Duration: 1- 1.5 hrs
Style of Interview: Friendly and conversational
Tip 1: Research
Research about Stanford GSB and find out what attracts you to the school. It should be something unique that would help you achieve your short-term and long-term goals. Although you might have researched about Stanford GSB for your essays repeat the process.
Resources for Research
- GSB's website
- Forums and Blogs
- Conversation with current students
- Information from Alumni.
Tip 2: Be consistent with your story
Answer the questions confidently. Any doubts in your mind with respect to what you have written in your essay would give the impression that you had made up the story or you are not fully prepared for the interview. In either case, it can hit your chances of being selected.
Tip 3: Read Read and Read again
Read your resume/application at least 5 times. You should be able to converse on ....
1) Booth School of Business
2) Columbia Business School
3) Ivey Business School
4) Johnson Graduate School of Management
6) Kellogg School of Management
7) Stanford Graduate School of Business
8) London Business School
9) Harvard Business School
10) MIT Sloan School of Management
11) Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania (Team Discussion Strategy + Interview Tips)
2. How to do Gap Analysis for MBA Admission Interview Preparation?
3. 5 Conversation Plan for MBA Admission Interview
4. Focus on the Interaction
5. How can you control First Impression in MBA Admission Interview
6. How to improve likeability in MBA Admissions Interview
7. Avoid these 4 Handshakes
8. How to highlight Personal, Cultural, and Academic Dimensions of your personality
9. What motivates an Interviewer?
10. How to Fine Tune your answers according to MBA Admission Interviewer's Personality Type
11. How to answer the “Tell us about yourself” introductory question?
12. How to answer Walk me through your resume?
13. 5 Follow-up questions to expect
14. What is the greatest accomplishment in your professional career?
15. What is your leadership style?
16. How would you contribute at the School Community
17. What is the most difficult obstacle you overcame?
18. Are you a Creative Person?
19. How do you define Success?
20. How to answer about Innovative Solutions?
21. Answering Frequent Job Switch
22. How did you Handle Conflict?
23. How did you manage Change?
24. Give an Example of an Ethical Dilemma you faced. How did you handle it?
25. Answering Greatest Accomplishment
26. How did you Handle a Difficult Boss?
27.Tell me a time when you made a Mistake. What did you learn from it?
28. How to summarize your Career?
29. How to explain low grades?
30. How to answer Scenario Questions?
31. How to answer the Backup Plan Question
32. How to discuss about Industry Experience & your Role?
33. What Questions should you ask the AdCom after an MBA Admissions Interview?
34. 7 Things to Consider for Skype MBA Admission Interviews
35. 5 Must Read MBA Admission Telephonic Interview Tips