Southern Methodist University’s Cox School offers a two-year Professional MBA (PMBA) program that combines a Quant focus with internationally recognized faculty in a private school setting. The PMBA program takes 2 years to complete and conducts the course in two campuses – Dallas and Plano, 30 Kms from Dallas.
• Study in Dallas, USA’s top business hub after New York
• The curriculum is identical to that of the Full-time MBA program
• Complete access to all the resources of the MBA Career Management Center (CMC)
• An alumni network of 38,000+ in more than 21 countries
• Short study period of just 2 years
• International Exchange program to 7 B-schools in Europe, Asia and South America
1. The program is completed over 6 semesters in 2 years.
2. There are two intakes, in January and August.
3. Classes are held on both weekdays and weekends.
4. 14 concentrations to choose from including niche concentrations such as Energy Finance, Strategy & Entrepreneurship, Product & Brand Management and Financial Consulting.
5. Core Curriculum @ Plano: Monday & Wednesday evenings 6:30 pm - 9:20 pm
6. Core Curriculum @Dallas: Thursday evenings 6:30 pm – 9:20 pm & Saturday mornings 9 am – 11:50 am
7. Electives: Monday to Thursday evenings & Saturday mornings at both campuses
8. Business Leadership Center (BLC) - leadership training through 80+ seminars conducted by business leaders from Fortune 500 companies, med-sized businesses and startups.
9. Associate Board Executive Mentor Program - pairs students with a mentor from 260+ elite business leaders.
• Noteworthy personal and professional experiences
• Strong academic background
• Natural leadership potential
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Character traits like maturity, integrity, self-motivation
• A lifelong commitment to learning and achieving
For local students
• Federal Financial Aid for up to $20,500 in Federal Loans per academic year. • Federal Graduate PLUS Loan with a fixed interest rate of 8.5%.
For international students
• 100% credit-based loans with variable interest rates. Students must have a U.S. citizen co-signer.
1. GMAT scores. GRE is accepted in some cases.
2. TOEFL/PTE scores for international applicants.
3. Online application form
4. Professional resume
6. Official copies of any graduate and undergraduate transcripts
7. 2 professional recommendations
8. Personal interview
For Entry in Spring/January 2013
Evaluation of applications starts — September 2012
Early Application Deadline — October 18, 2012
Final Application Deadline — November 15, 2012 (Applications received on or after this date are accepted on a space-available basis only.)
For Entry in Fall/August 2013
Evaluation of applications starts — January 2013
Early Application Deadline — May 10, 2013
Final Application Deadline — June 17, 2013 (Applications received on or after this date are accepted on a space-available basis only.)
2012 Alumni Molly Hughes explains how Cox PMBA helped her switch careers from retail to financing.
2019 MBA Research Guide - Choose your MBA
F1GMAT's Comprehensive MBA Research Guide will teach you how to select MBA programs through a bottom-up approach.
Articulating your Post-MBA Goals and Career Path is the FIRST step. Which program will give you that hike in Salary, Switch in Career, Change in Location or Job Satisfaction?
We cover them all through our extensive analysis.
+ How to Choose the Best MBA Program: Factors to Consider
Define Post-MBA Goals
Pick your Path: Generalize or Specialize
Use Moral Algebra Method
Use Multi-Attribute Utility Theory
Understand the Top 5 Risks
Measure MBA Career Service Team's Effectiveness
Use Bookending to Calculate MBA Admission Chance
Use Net Present Value to Calculate MBA Return on Investment
Don't Fall for the Mere Exposure Effect
Best Practices to find the truth in MBA Information Session or MBA Tour
Comprehensive MBA Research Guide: Includes Top MBA Programs by 19 Specializations:
+ General Management
+ Operations Management
+ Supply Chain Management
+ Luxury Management
+ Information Systems
+ Hospitality Management
+ Leadership Development
+ Military &
+ Top MBA Program Ranking
Top 20 MBA Programs - Tuition Fee (2018)
Top 31 MBA Programs in United States – Total Cost & Salary (2017)
Top 60 MBA – GMAT and GPA (Average & Median)
Top 20 European MBA Programs - Tuition Fee, Total Cost & Salary
Top 20 European MBA Programs (Based on Actual Salary Increase)
Top 20 European MBA Programs (Short-term return on investment)
Top 20 Affordable European MBA Programs
Top 10 MBA in UK – Salary & Fee (2018)
Top MBA Destinations Based on Happiness Index
Top MBA Destinations based on Innovation Index
Top 10 MBA Job Markets based on Cost of living and Purchasing Power
Top MBA Destination: By Economy
+Comparisons - Top MBA Programs
Wharton vs. Columbia MBA (2018)
MIT vs. Stanford MBA (2017)
Haas vs. Ross MBA (2018)
Kellogg vs Ross MBA
Booth vs Wharton MBA
MIT Sloan vs Tuck MBA
IMD vs. INSEAD MBA (2017)
IIMA vs. ISB (2017)
+ MBA in France (2018)
Top Industries in France
Top MBA Programs in France
+ MBA in the UK (2018)
Top Industries in the UK
Top MBA Programs in the UK
Scholarships in the UK