Exactly 5/6 of the cows on a certain farm have cow bells. If exactly half of the cows with bells are
brown, what is the minimum possible number of cows on the ranch?
Answer: The trick to this question is that the number of cows cannot be fractional; it must be an integer.
The number of brown cows is: (1/2) × (5/6) × the number of cows.
12 is the smallest positive integer that yields another integer when multiplied by 5/12, so it is the minimum possible number of cows.
Correct Answer: Choice C
Essential GMAT Reading Comprehension Guide
After reading F1GMAT’s Essential GMAT Reading Comprehension Guide, you will:
1. Complete GMAT RC Questions in less than 1 minute and 50 seconds
2. Read Faster
3. Take Notes Effectively
4. Collect and Interpret Facts
5. Speed up Summary Creation
6. Remember Information
7. Question the Author
8. Learn to Answer GMAT Reading Comprehension Title question
9. Learn to Answer GMAT Reading Comprehension Main Idea Question
Mastering GMAT Critical Reasoning
After you read F1GMAT’s Mastering GMAT Critical Reasoning Guide, you will learn:
How to overcome flawed thinking in GMAT Critical Reasoning?