Insead Interview sessions have two rounds. Alumni from your country conduct these interviews. In many cases, the interviewer would be from a similar background as that of yours. Only in exceptional cases, where there are no interviewers available in your country, will Insead conduct a phone interview
Interview Schedule: 1- 1.5 hrs
Style of Interview: Mostly conversational. Round two would be more like a Q&A section.
Selection Criteria: Leadership, Maturity, Motivation, Fluency in English, Ability to contribute to the class (in experience and initiative)
Tip 1: Prepare
Interview should appear spontaneous but be thoroughly prepared for the interview. Conduct mock interviews or Download MBA Admission Interview Guide and learn how the conversations take place in a typical MBA admission Interview.
Tip 2: Read your resume/application at least 5 times
You should have an answer on each and every objections raised by the interviewer with respect to your resume or application.
Tip 3: Be on time
As in any other interviews, be on time
Tip 4: Dress code
Be professional in your dress code. Although the meetings are typically held in a café' and the interviewer might dress in T-shirt and Jeans, your dress code should be Business or Business casual
Men: No Jeans and T-shirt, No Jewelry except watch
Women: No revealing outfits. No Jeans and T-shirt. Minimal Jewelry
Tip 5: Focus on your USP: No exaggeration
Do not exaggerate. Objectively state your achievements. Traits that can highlight your fit with Insead:
Insead supports entrepreneurship; highlight ....
For Complete List of Dos,Don'ts and Commonly Asked Insead MBA Admission
Interview Questions, Download F1GMAT's MBA
Admission Interview Guide
1) Booth School of Business
2) Columbia Business School
3) Ivey Business School
4) Johnson Graduate School of Management
6) Kellogg School of Management
7) Stanford Graduate School of Business
8) London Business School
9) Harvard Business School
10) MIT Sloan School of Management
11) Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania (Team Discussion Strategy + Interview Tips)
2. How to do Gap Analysis for MBA Admission Interview Preparation?
3. 5 Conversation Plan for MBA Admission Interview
4. Focus on the Interaction
5. How can you control First Impression in MBA Admission Interview
6. How to improve likeability in MBA Admissions Interview
7. Avoid these 4 Handshakes
8. How to highlight Personal, Cultural, and Academic Dimensions of your personality
9. What motivates an Interviewer?
10. How to Fine Tune your answers according to MBA Admission Interviewer's Personality Type
11. How to answer the “Tell us about yourself” introductory question?
12. How to answer Walk me through your resume?
13. 5 Follow-up questions to expect
14. What is the greatest accomplishment in your professional career?
15. What is your leadership style?
16. How would you contribute at the School Community
17. What is the most difficult obstacle you overcame?
18. Are you a Creative Person?
19. How do you define Success?
20. How to answer about Innovative Solutions?
21. Answering Frequent Job Switch
22. How did you Handle Conflict?
23. How did you manage Change?
24. Give an Example of an Ethical Dilemma you faced. How did you handle it?
25. Answering Greatest Accomplishment
26. How did you Handle a Difficult Boss?
27.Tell me a time when you made a Mistake. What did you learn from it?
28. How to summarize your Career?
29. How to explain low grades?
30. How to answer Scenario Questions?
31. How to answer the Backup Plan Question
32. How to discuss about Industry Experience & your Role?
33. What Questions should you ask the AdCom after an MBA Admissions Interview?
34. 7 Things to Consider for Skype MBA Admission Interviews
35. 5 Must Read MBA Admission Telephonic Interview Tips