The following Strategies in GMAT Reading Comprehension will influence the test taker's ability to cross 700
1. Aggressively read the whole text of the passage.
2. Read the passage within 3 minutes.
If you miss the main idea of the passage, you will certainly miss some of the questions.
3. Speed reading is crucial but it should not be at the expense of correctness.
4. Make brief notes on your noteboard
5. Do not write down facts, it will slow you down. Authors use facts to make a point.
7. Focus on the point that the author is trying to make.
Quick Tip: For questions related to facts in the passage, go back to the paragraph, read the facts along with two lines above and below the facts.
9. Write a few words for each paragraph like:
a) Main Idea of the entire passage
b) Structure of passage
c) Summary of each passage
10. Tone or attitude question in GMAT Reading comprehension is usually respectful and moderate. The passages are collected from academics and magazines, therefore even criticisms are always balanced and moderate. Articles that has minorities or ethnic groups as its subject will always have a tone that is positive or empathic.
11. Look out for transition words in a passage
In the same way
Contradiction or Contrast Words
In spite of
On the one hand…on the other hand
These words will give you a fair idea on the transition of author's thoughts.
12. Do not depend on your memory for answering the question. Go back to the text to answer questions that refer paragraphs or lines in a passage
Recommended Book: F1GMAT's Essential GMAT Reading Comprehension Guide
Essential GMAT Reading Comprehension Guide (2019 Edition)
Collecting and Interpreting Facts: GMAT Reading Comprehension
Effective Note-taking for GMAT Reading Comprehension
5 Questions to Speed up Summary Creation
Mastering GMAT Reading Comprehension: 3 Best Practices
How to Remember Information
How to improve comprehension by Questioning the Author
How to Read Faster
How to Answer GMAT Reading Comprehension Title question
How to Answer GMAT Reading Comprehension Main Idea Question
How to Answer GMAT Reading comprehension inference question
How to Answer GMAT Reading Comprehension Purpose Question
How to Answer GMAT Reading Comprehension Detail Question
How to Answer the GMAT organization of passage Question
How to Improve GMAT Reading Comprehension Score?
Question #1: Protein-Rich Diet
Question #2: Pregnant Women and Stress Management
Question #3: F Losing Momentum
Question #4: Conservatives and Automation
Question #5: Collaboration, Team size and Performance
Question #6: Effective Altruism
Question #7: Loneliness Epidemic
Question #8: Space Exploration
Question #9: Lab-Grown Meat
Question #10: Minimum Wage in the US
Question #11: AI and Creativity
Question #12: Bias Against Healthcare in Developing Economies
Question #13: Legacy Admissions
Question #14: Plastic Ban and alternatives
Question #15: Underestimating Homo Sapiens
Question #16: Conspiracy Theories
Question #17: Relative Poverty
Question #18: Why Paintings are expensive
Question #19: US Obesity Epidemics
Question #20: The Future of Advertising
Question #21: Breaking Large Companies
Question #22: Helicopter Parenting
Question #23: Future of Democracy
Question #24: Technology and Global Citizenship
Essential GMAT Reading Comprehension Guide
After reading F1GMAT’s Essential GMAT Reading Comprehension Guide, you will:
1. Complete GMAT RC Questions in less than 1 minute and 50 seconds
2. Read Faster
3. Take Notes Effectively
4. Collect and Interpret Facts
5. Speed up Summary Creation
6. Remember Information
7. Question the Author
8. Learn to Answer GMAT Reading Comprehension Title question
9. Learn to Answer GMAT Reading Comprehension Main Idea Question
Mastering GMAT Critical Reasoning
After you read F1GMAT’s Mastering GMAT Critical Reasoning Guide, you will learn:
How to overcome flawed thinking in GMAT Critical Reasoning?