The following Strategies in GMAT Reading Comprehension will influence the test taker's ability to cross 700
1. Aggressively read the whole text of the passage.
2. Read the passage within 3 minutes.
If you miss the main idea of the passage, you will certainly miss some of the questions.
3. Speed reading is crucial but it should not be at the expense of correctness.
4. Make brief notes on your noteboard
5. Do not write down facts, it will slow you down. Authors use facts to make a point.
7. Focus on the point that the author is trying to make.
Quick Tip: For questions related to facts in the passage, go back to the paragraph, read the facts along with two lines above and below the facts.
9. Write a few words for each paragraph like:
a) Main Idea of the entire passage
b) Structure of passage
c) Summary of each passage
10. Tone or attitude question in GMAT Reading comprehension is usually respectful and moderate. The passages are collected from academics and magazines, therefore even criticisms are always balanced and moderate. Articles that has minorities or ethnic groups as its subject will always have a tone that is positive or empathic.
11. Look out for transition words in a passage
In the same way
Contradiction or Contrast Words
In spite of
On the one hand…on the other hand
These words will give you a fair idea on the transition of author's thoughts.
12. Do not depend on your memory for answering the question. Go back to the text to answer questions that refer paragraphs or lines in a passage
Recommended Book: F1GMAT's Essential GMAT Reading Comprehension Guide
Essential GMAT Reading Comprehension Guide
After you read F1GMAT’s Essential GMAT Reading Comprehension Guide, you will:
1. Complete GMAT RC Questions in less than 1 minute and 50 seconds
2. Read Faster
3. Take Notes Effectively
4. Collect and Interpret Facts
5. Speed up Summary Creation
6. Remember Information
7. Question the Author
8. Learn to answer GMAT Reading Comprehension Title question
9. Learn to Solve GMAT Reading Comprehension Main Idea Question
10.Learn to Solve GMAT Reading comprehension inference question
11. Learn to Solve GMAT Reading Comprehension Detail Questions
12. Learn to Organize passage in GMAT Reading Comprehension
13. Learn to Identify style/tone or attitude of the author
14. Learn to Improve GMAT Reading Comprehension Score
Download Essential GMAT Reading Comprehension Guide
Mastering GMAT Critical Reasoning
After you read F1GMAT’s Mastering GMAT Critical Reasoning Guide, you will:
1) Learn to eliminate out of scope answer choices
2) Learn to spot logical fallacies
3) Learn to read questions by focusing on the holy trinity – premise, assumption, and conclusion.
4) Learn to disregard filler information
5) Complete GMAT CR Questions in less than 1 minute and 40 seconds
Download Mastering GMAT Critical Reasoning