Personality evaluation is one of the objectives of an MBA Admission interview. But interviewees often miss the chance to evaluate the personality of the interviewer – a task that can help them tune the tone and style of the answer. It is not what you say, but how you say it that helps the interviewer evaluate your personality. The chance to evaluate the interviewer happens with the small talk about your family, and the location of the interview.
There are numerous studies on evaluating and classifying personality based on attitude and functions. To make it easier for you to understand, and classify the interviewer, we have created four categories:
• Extrovert Irrational
• Extrovert Rational
• Introvert Rational
• Introvert Irrational
Definition of Irrational & Rational
When we hear the word “irrational” associated with any personality, the first thing that comes to our mind is someone who is not wise. This is not the case. Irrationality has been attributed to some of the best inventions and creative solutions in the world. If the world was inhabited by logical and data driven minds, the possibilities would be limited.
Rational Minds are averse towards instinctual decision-making, and prefers structured thinking. Collecting data and authenticating them is the first step towards rational decision-making. Emotions and personal feelings play little role for rational minds.
Definition of Extroversion & Introversion
The image of an extroverted individual that first comes to our mind is that of someone who frequently talks. Although the frequency of conversation is one way to distinguish an extrovert from an introvert, a better definition of an extrovert is that of someone who enjoys spending time with people, and seeks action first with limited knowledge before evaluating all the options. So if an individual doesn’t talk frequently but is geared towards action, and enjoys the company of people, she would still be termed as an extrovert.
Now let us look at the four categories
1) Extrovert Irrational
These interviewers are quick to offer a hand to shake on spotting you in the lobby or cafe. They have a knack to make you comfortable. When ‘Extroverted Irrational’ interviewers talk about a recent work related challenge, or about their background, pay close attention to how they describe their background. If they choose words that highlight ....
1) Booth School of Business
2) Columbia Business School
3) Ivey Business School
4) Johnson Graduate School of Management
6) Kellogg School of Management
7) Stanford Graduate School of Business
8) London Business School
9) Harvard Business School
10) MIT Sloan School of Management
11) Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania (Team Discussion Strategy + Interview Tips)
2. How to do Gap Analysis for MBA Admission Interview Preparation?
3. 5 Conversation Plan for MBA Admission Interview
4. Focus on the Interaction
5. How can you control First Impression in MBA Admission Interview
6. How to improve likeability in MBA Admissions Interview
7. Avoid these 4 Handshakes
8. How to highlight Personal, Cultural, and Academic Dimensions of your personality
9. What motivates an Interviewer?
10. How to Fine Tune your answers according to MBA Admission Interviewer's Personality Type
11. How to answer the “Tell us about yourself” introductory question?
12. How to answer Walk me through your resume?
13. 5 Follow-up questions to expect
14. What is the greatest accomplishment in your professional career?
15. What is your leadership style?
16. How would you contribute at the School Community
17. What is the most difficult obstacle you overcame?
18. Are you a Creative Person?
19. How do you define Success?
20. How to answer about Innovative Solutions?
21. Answering Frequent Job Switch
22. How did you Handle Conflict?
23. How did you manage Change?
24. Give an Example of an Ethical Dilemma you faced. How did you handle it?
25. Answering Greatest Accomplishment
26. How did you Handle a Difficult Boss?
27.Tell me a time when you made a Mistake. What did you learn from it?
28. How to summarize your Career?
29. How to explain low grades?
30. How to answer Scenario Questions?
31. How to answer the Backup Plan Question
32. How to discuss about Industry Experience & your Role?
33. What Questions should you ask the AdCom after an MBA Admissions Interview?
34. 7 Things to Consider for Skype MBA Admission Interviews
35. 5 Must Read MBA Admission Telephonic Interview Tips