Columbia MBA Admission Interview is by invitation only. The timing of the invitation will have no impact over the acceptance to Columbia Business School. The interviews cannot be requested by Columbia MBA Candidates. The invitation will be through e-mail.
Interview Conducted by: Alumni
Duration: 30 minutes - 1 hour
If an Alumnus is not available near or in your city, the interview will be conducted over the telephone. The Interviewer will only have the resume as a point of reference and will have no knowledge about your application.
Recommended Download: Expert Resume Guide
Style of Interview: Friendly and Conversational
Tip 1: Research
Find out what makes Columbia Business School Unique. Most of the questions will be about finding out your fit for the program. Understanding what makes Columbia MBA unique and selling the point that you can bring great value to the Columbia Business School community is the key.
Tip 2: Be Ready for Follow up Questions
Before attending the interview, practice answering the standard questions. Now make a list of all follow up questions that can be created from your story. Why you chose one company over the other? What motivated you take that decision? Prepare at least 4-5 follow up questions for your regular answers.
Tip 3: Bring a Copy of your Resume
The Alumni will be busy and might miss taking a print out of the resume. Carry a copy of your resume. Remember Columbia MBA Admission Interview is primarily based on your resume.
Tip 4: Be ready with your Leadership Story
Like other top Business Schools, Columbia also wants to know whether you are a good leader. Prepare for at least ...
1) Booth School of Business
2) Columbia Business School
3) Ivey Business School
4) Johnson Graduate School of Management
6) Kellogg School of Management
7) Stanford Graduate School of Business
8) London Business School
9) Harvard Business School
10) MIT Sloan School of Management
11) Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania (Team Discussion Strategy + Interview Tips)
2. How to do Gap Analysis for MBA Admission Interview Preparation?
3. 5 Conversation Plan for MBA Admission Interview
4. Focus on the Interaction
5. How can you control First Impression in MBA Admission Interview
6. How to improve likeability in MBA Admissions Interview
7. Avoid these 4 Handshakes
8. How to highlight Personal, Cultural, and Academic Dimensions of your personality
9. What motivates an Interviewer?
10. How to Fine Tune your answers according to MBA Admission Interviewer's Personality Type
11. How to answer the “Tell us about yourself” introductory question?
12. How to answer Walk me through your resume?
13. 5 Follow-up questions to expect
14. What is the greatest accomplishment in your professional career?
15. What is your leadership style?
16. How would you contribute at the School Community
17. What is the most difficult obstacle you overcame?
18. Are you a Creative Person?
19. How do you define Success?
20. How to answer about Innovative Solutions?
21. Answering Frequent Job Switch
22. How did you Handle Conflict?
23. How did you manage Change?
24. Give an Example of an Ethical Dilemma you faced. How did you handle it?
25. Answering Greatest Accomplishment
26. How did you Handle a Difficult Boss?
27.Tell me a time when you made a Mistake. What did you learn from it?
28. How to summarize your Career?
29. How to explain low grades?
30. How to answer Scenario Questions?
31. How to answer the Backup Plan Question
32. How to discuss about Industry Experience & your Role?
33. What Questions should you ask the AdCom after an MBA Admissions Interview?
34. 7 Things to Consider for Skype MBA Admission Interviews
35. 5 Must Read MBA Admission Telephonic Interview Tips