Effective Note taking is a pre-requisite for GMAT Reading Comprehension. Writing notes help us to:
• Organize the content of a passage
• To associate ideas in different paragraphs and infer the main idea
• Focus on the keywords
It is a waste of time to write down facts and sentences in your notes. The best strategy would be to write down keywords that summarizes the main idea of the paragraph. Focus on the concept/main idea underlying the facts. Try to create images and association between the ideas. This can increase comprehension of the passage. This process will also save time when you go back to the text.
Have you noticed how easy it is to read a novel? We imagine a completely new world with each sentence, bringing to life the numerous characters in the plot. When you read the passage, use your imagination to create a movie. Here, the challenge would be to create the movie in 4 minutes (Ideal time to read a passage). You have to isolate yourselves from the testing environment but in a state where you are completely aware of the time.
Warning: If you are too immersed into the text, chances are that you would take more time than it is prescribed.
Before you recognize the keywords understand the following....
Essential GMAT Reading Comprehension Guide
After you read F1GMAT’s Essential GMAT Reading Comprehension Guide, you will:
1. Complete GMAT RC Questions in less than 1 minute and 50 seconds
2. Read Faster
3. Take Notes Effectively
4. Collect and Interpret Facts
5. Speed up Summary Creation
6. Remember Information
7. Question the Author
8. Learn to answer GMAT Reading Comprehension Title question
9. Learn to Solve GMAT Reading Comprehension Main Idea Question
10.Learn to Solve GMAT Reading comprehension inference question
11. Learn to Solve GMAT Reading Comprehension Detail Questions
12. Learn to Organize passage in GMAT Reading Comprehension
13. Learn to Identify style/tone or attitude of the author
14. Learn to Improve GMAT Reading Comprehension Score
Download Essential GMAT Reading Comprehension Guide
Mastering GMAT Critical Reasoning
After you read F1GMAT’s Mastering GMAT Critical Reasoning Guide, you will:
1) Learn to eliminate out of scope answer choices
2) Learn to spot logical fallacies
3) Learn to read questions by focusing on the holy trinity – premise, assumption, and conclusion.
4) Learn to disregard filler information
5) Complete GMAT CR Questions in less than 1 minute and 40 seconds
Download Mastering GMAT Critical Reasoning