Unlike other water creatures that carry their offspring to term and bear live young, laying eggs is the reproduction method of penguins.
A. laying eggs is the reproduction method of penguins.
B. penguins reproduce by the method of laying eggs.
C. penguins' method of reproduction is laying eggs.
D. eggs are laid by penguins for reproduction.
E. the reproduction method of penguins is egg-laying.
In this sentence, the phrase unlike other water creatures that carry their offspring to term and bear live young seems to modify eggs, but the real comparison is between other creatures and penguins. A correct version of the sentence will place penguins immediately after this modifying phrase.
Answer - Choice B
Essential GMAT Reading Comprehension Guide
After you read F1GMAT’s Essential GMAT Reading Comprehension Guide, you will:
1. Complete GMAT RC Questions in less than 1 minute and 50 seconds
2. Read Faster
3. Take Notes Effectively
4. Collect and Interpret Facts
5. Speed up Summary Creation
6. Remember Information
7. Question the Author
8. Learn to answer GMAT Reading Comprehension Title question
9. Learn to Solve GMAT Reading Comprehension Main Idea Question
10.Learn to Solve GMAT Reading comprehension inference question
11. Learn to Solve GMAT Reading Comprehension Detail Questions
12. Learn to Organize passage in GMAT Reading Comprehension
13. Learn to Identify style/tone or attitude of the author
14. Learn to Improve GMAT Reading Comprehension Score
Download Essential GMAT Reading Comprehension Guide
Mastering GMAT Critical Reasoning
After you read F1GMAT’s Mastering GMAT Critical Reasoning Guide, you will:
1) Learn to eliminate out of scope answer choices
2) Learn to spot logical fallacies
3) Learn to read questions by focusing on the holy trinity – premise, assumption, and conclusion.
4) Learn to disregard filler information
5) Complete GMAT CR Questions in less than 1 minute and 40 seconds
Download Mastering GMAT Critical Reasoning