Wharton’s EMBA program is held in two locations in US - San Francisco and Philadelphia. The two-year EMBA requires students to stay on campus, every weekend. A student can also choose his or her own concentration, which can be mastered with the help of a faculty expert. EMBA graduates have a network of 85,000 alumni spread across 140 countries, including 4,300+ alumni in Asia.
• Two campuses
• Exact same features as the Full-time program – degree, curriculum, faculty, and facilities
• Stresses on experiential learning, enhanced by team tasks
• 250+ faculty members
• 200+ electives.
• 2 unique individually designed topics as electives
• Can switch between campuses if an elective is not offered at one campus
• 1-week International Study Seminar
1. Classes: Fridays & Saturdays on alternate weekends that are residential.
2. Around five additional extended sessions are held each year.
3. Students need to spend 15-25 study hours outside of class every week.
4. The first year focuses on the core curriculum.
5. The second year offers almost 200 electives, of which students can select 25-30 courses for concentrations that include Finance, Health Care, Insurance and Risk Management, Legal Studies and Negotiations, Management and Strategy, Operations and Information Management.
6. 1-week International Study Seminar abroad (Past destinations include Beijing, Singapore, Sao Paulo, Madrid, Moscow and Mumbai)
7. Executive Speaker Series and guest speakers present top leaders across government and business.
• Online Application with Background Information
• Two Letters of Recommendation
• Three Essays
• GMAT or GRE
• Letter of Endorsement (Sponsorship) – Written endorsement of the student’s present organization regarding his/her decision to do the EMBA
San Francisco: Program start - May 19, 2013
• Early Deadline - December 3, 2012 (11:59 PM PST), decision released by January 18, 2013
• Regular Deadline - February 6, 2013 (11:59 PM PST), decision released by March 22, 2013
Philadelphia : Program start - May 26, 2013
• Early Deadline - Upon request
• Regular Deadline - February 4, 2013 (11:59 PM EST), decision released by April 5, 2013
1. Total cost of the 2-year program for the class entering in 2012
• San Francisco $175,678*
• Philadelphia $171,360
2. Fees include tuition, material, stay and food. Transportation and parking is not included.
Apply Now for the Wharton EMBA
A panel of four Wharton EMBA alumni and a current student speaks about the impact of the EMBA on their career choices and progression.
Alex Gorsky, from Ethicon Inc, and an EMBA alumni talks about what he had learned during the operations management course, and how it impacted his career.
Inside Comprehensive MBA Research Guide
Top MBA Programs by 19 Specializations: General Management, Finance, Consulting, Marketing, Strategy, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Luxury Management, Information Systems, Hospitality Management, Accounting, Energy, Non-Profit, Wine, Sports, Sustainability, Leadership Development, Military & International.
Extensive Comparative Analysis of Top MBA Programs
Download F1GMAT's Comprehensive MBA Research Guide
Other F1GMAT Books you might enjoy
Stanford MBA Essay Guide
Harvard MBA Essay Guide
Wharton MBA Essay Guide
Kellogg MBA Essay Guide
MIT Sloan MBA Essay Guide
NYU Stern MBA Essay Guide
Insead MBA Essay Guide
MBA in Canada
MBA Admission Interview Guide
Essential GMAT Reading Comprehension Guide
Mastering GMAT Critical Reasoning
Winning MBA Essay Guide (Complete Essay Tips)