Smith’s 21 Month MBA program focuses on hands-on learning. The core courses in the curriculum include Introduction to Financial Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Data Models and Decisions, Technology Selective, Managerial Economics and Public Policy, Leadership and Teamwork, Strategic Management, Operations Management, Financial Management and Marketing Management.
Students will have the option to select from a wide range of electives that include: Accounting and Information Assurance, Business Telecommununications,Electronic Commerce, Entrepreneurship, e-Service, Finance, Financial Engineering, International Business, Supply Chain Management/Logistics, Marketing, Management Science, Management of Technology, Management of Strategy, Management of Human Capital, Change and Organizational Management, Management Consulting, Information Systems, Global Business and Knowledge Management
Smith MBA’s Hands-on experience is further supported with MBA Consulting Program (a team-based consulting engagement), Mayer Fund (gain real experience in securities analysis and portfolio management), New Markets Growth Fund (learn to identify potential investment opportunities), The Dingman Center for Entrepreneurship (Get mentoring and networking opportunities with Entrepreneurs and Venture Capitalists. Learn to identify Business Opportunities) and Netcentricity Laboratories (practical aspects of supply chain management, financial trading and e-commerce).
Another interesting aspect of Smith MBA is the Global Learning Opportunities, which provides MBA students with an opportunity to learn about the Global economy. The Global study courses provide Smith MBA students a 10 – day study abroad program in India, China, Dubai/Tunisia, France, the Czech Republic, Spain, Chile, Brazil, and Argentina. The Global Exchange program gives Smith Full-time MBA students an opportunity to spend a semester abroad at Business Schools in Europe, Asia and Australia.
10 Reasons Why Canada is better than the US
1. To make it easier for you to choose the top Business Schools in Canada, we have ranked 8 schools based on post-MBA Salary.
2. The Book Analyzes all the ten provinces: Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, and Saskatchewan on Post-MBA Job Opportunities in Oil & Gas, Media, Technology, Finance, Hospitality, Manufacturing, Aerospace, Life Science, Energy, Agriculture, Mining, Forestry, Construction, and Healthcare.
3. We have covered all the funding details (scholarships, loans, and other financial assistance) for the top 8 Business Schools in Canada
4. You don't have to read through hundreds of forum posts or spend hours Googling through scholarship and loan pages. We have summarized the funding with Name, Amount, Number of Awards and most importantly the criteria for selection.
5. Our analysis summarizes the curriculum for the Full-time MBA program, dives into the class composition, and evaluates the post-MBA opportunities available at each school including the list of top Employers.
Download Why Canada: A Complete Career Guide for MBA Applicants