The 12 Month SFU Full-time MBA program at Beedie School of Business, Simon Fraser University is focused on strategic management and working as a leader/contributor. The curriculum packs in the equivalent of 18-24 months of traditional MBA program by cutting out the breaks between terms, normally seen in 2 year programs.
The SFU MBA program starts with the Fall Semester, when students develop the Fundamentals of Business Education - Professional Decision Making: Ethical and Analytical Perspectives, Managerial Economics, Managing People, Finance and Accounting. The Summer Semester builds on the foundational knowledge with courses like Marketing, MIS, Negotiation, Leadership and Groups, Managing Global Enterprises and Managing a Globalized Workforce.
After the Summer Semester, SFU MBA students can opt for an International Study Trip (optional), which provides them with the skills required to work in a globalized work environment. After the study trip students should complete the Summer Semester with courses in Sustainability, Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Creativity in Business and Business Strategy. Finally students are required to complete 2-8 months internship in Business Development & Sales Forecasting, Corporate Finance and Financial Analysis, Corporate Social Responsibility & Sustainability, Information Technology Management, Market Research and Competitive Intelligence, Marketing and Brand Management or Project Management & Analysis.
SFU Full-time MBA students work closely with the Career Management Centre (CMC). The CMC coach students in networking, interview etiquette and other important skills required for job search. Before working with CMC for job search and placements, MBA students must complete four months of internship.
Download Comprehensive MBA Research Guide
1. Recommended by Alumni from Top MBA Programs
2. Research Based on Data. Not Rhetoric.
3. Extensive Analysis on 19 Specializations: General Management, Finance, Consulting, Marketing, Strategy, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Luxury Management, Information Systems, Hospitality Management, Accounting, Energy, Non-Profit, Wine, Sports, Sustainability, Leadership Development, Military & International.
4. Latest trends in MBA Salary
5. Steps to calculate return on investment (No Fancy Tools Required, Just Basic Math)
F1GMAT has created a Comprehensive MBA Research Guide that will help you choose the right MBA program.
Download F1GMAT's MBA Research Guide