Ivey MBA Admission Interviews are by invitation only. The Admission team prefer interviews in-person. It can be during recruiting trips internationally or in Canada, or during campus visit. For candidates who don’t have the opportunity to attend in-person interview, a Skype interview will be conducted
Interview Conducted by: Admissions and Career Service Team
Duration: 45 minutes - 1 hour
Rounds: 1 -2
Recommended Read: Interview with Jenni & Julia - Richard Ivey MBA Admissions Team
Style of Interview: Friendly and Conversational
Skills and Traits tested in the Interview
1) Ability to articulate and structure thoughts and ideas clearly and articulately
2) Clarity and focus of personal career goals (both short-term and long-term) and how the MBA fits into these plans
3) Self-awareness and confidence
4) Ability to identify the contributions that he/she will bring to the classroom and Ivey experience
5) An understanding of the business market and current events
Ivey MBA Admission Interview Questions
1) Walk me through your resume and explain your roles and responsibilities.
2) Why MBA?
3) Why MBA Now?
4) Why Ivey MBA?
5) What do you expect from this program?
6) How can you contribute to our program and into our classrooms? What makes you unique among other candidates and why should we accept you?
7) What would you do if not accepted?..
97) What is the last book you read? What did you think of it?
Complete Questions in F1GMAT's MBA Admission Interview Guide
Tip 1: Research
Read F1GMAT’s Interview with Richard Ivey MBA Admissions team, to learn about Ivey MBA program. Find out what makes Ivey MBA program Unique. Apart from personal traits and leadership potential, the interview questions will test your motivation to join Ivey MBA program
Information about Ivey MBA
1) Case competitions: IBK Capital Ivey Business Plan Competition, AT Kearney, Mercury Venture Challenge, Thunderbird Global Innovation Challenge, Ivey Connects, Ivey Builds, The Ivey Green and more
2) Ivey Clubs: Consulting Club, Finance Club, Industry & Marketing Club, Entrepreneur Club, Alternative Energy Club, Golf Club, Hockey Club, Ivey Rugby, MBA Association, Student Ambassadors, Wine Tasting Club, Global Village, Women in Management and more
Famous Richard Ivey Alumni
1) Don Getty, Former Premier of Alberta, Canada
25) Douglas Speers, Chairman, Emco Corporation, Canada
Download Interview Guide for Complete List
Read Interview with Jenni & Julia - Richard Ivey MBA Admissions Team for more
Tip 2: Be Ready with Career Goals Question
A greater part of the interview will emphasize your Post-MBA career goals. The interviewer will try to evaluate how your experience and MBA will help you achieve your post-MBA goals. The answers should be articulated logically in a clear and confident manner.
Download Complete Dos for Ivey MBA Admission Interview (F1GMAT's MBA Admission Interview Guide)
Tip 1: Do not dress in casuals
Although the interview is conversational and friendly, do not dress in casuals.
Men: Suit and tie
Women: Pants, Suit or a skirt suit
Note: Even if it is a Skype Interview, dress formally.
Tip 2: Be on Time
Like other interviews, arrive on time. Confirm the time of the interview by email or preferably by calling the interviewer. The last thing that you want to do is to be late. You have to create many positive impressions to compensate that first impression.
Download Complete Dont's for Ivey MBA Admission Interview (F1GMAT's MBA Admission Interview Guide)
The Guide offers detailed examples and strategies to answer about yourself, career summary, innovation, frequent job switch, managing change, handling conflict, the greatest accomplishment, low grades, difficult boss, backup plan, industry, role and gives you tips on managing first impression, improve likeability and lists the questions that you should ask the MBA Admission interviewer.
"I bought three interview guides from so called 'Experts'. Nothing comes close to what F1GMAT has written! Great Job"
"The guide teaches you how to control first impression. A concept that I tested during my interview. I got admitted to HBS!"
"Quick Read for anyone preparing for MBA Admission Interview. Very informative!"
"Extensively covers how to answer commonly asked MBA Admission interview questions. Highly recommend this book"