Located in New York City(Greenwich Village campus), NYU Stern School of Business was established in 1900 as the NYU School of Commerce, Accounts and Finance. According to Sep 2011 enrollment data, NYU Stern has over 784 students enrolled for Full-time MBA, 2073 for part-time MBA, 190 for the Executive MBA Program and 133 for the Trium Global Executive MBA program.
Academic excellence is a high priority for NYU Stern with its faculty comprising experts in areas like Entertainment & Media, Luxury & Retail and Social Enterprise. Being located in New York City, the Business Capital of the world, NYU Stern MBA graduates have access to real world Business learning. NYU Stern is famous for the strict adherence to the Stern Curve . According to stern's grading system, faculties can provide a maximum grade of "A" to 35% of the students, B to 40% and the remainder of the students will receive "C" or lower.
Courses Offered: NYU Stern offers a 24-Month Full-time , Part-time(2 Years Intensive to 3 Years), Executive(22 Months) and Dual Degrees MBA programs.
Stern MBA candidates are often recruited by Companies like Booz & Co, McKinsey, Deloitte, Unilever, L’Oreal, Johnson & Johnson, Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan, American Express, Citi and Disney. Stern programs are known to have a focus on Finance.
Stern MBA programs have a focus on General Management. The students can chose upto three specialization that include: Accounting, Banking, Business Analytics, Corporate Finance, Economics, Entertainment, Media and Technology, Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Finance, Financial Instruments and Markets, Financial Systems and Analytics, Global Business, Law and Business, Leadership and Change Management, Luxury Marketing, Management, Management of Technology and Operations, Marketing, Product Management, Quantitative Finance, Social Innovation and Impact, Strategy, Supply Chain Management and Global Sourcing.
Some of the noted faculties for Stern MBA programs include:
1) Robert Engle, Professor of Finance, Nobel Laureate in Economics.
2) Paul Romer will lead NYU Stern's Urban System Project
3) Scott Galloway, Professor of Marketing, Founder of nine companies, including Red Envelope and L2.
4) Sheila Wellington, Professor of Management and Organizations, Former President of Catalyst, the premier nonprofit organization for women's private sector leadership
5) Adam Brandenburger, Vice Dean for Graduate Education and Professor of Business Economics and Strategy, leading game theorist and co-author of Co-opetition
6) Edward Altman, Professor of Finance, internationally recognized corporate bankruptcy expert
NYU Stern Career Development Team has over 20 Years of experience in recruiting, HR, and higher education experience within the banking, consumer products, energy, engineering, pharmaceutical, and non-profit industries.
Some of the Career Development Teams Include:
1) Career Center for Working Professionals (CCWP)
2) Career Resources, Operations and Technology
3) Leadership Development
4) OCD Career Counseling Team for Full-Time MBA students
5) OCD Relationship Management Team
Quick Facts (2011)
1) 11-15% Acceptance Rate
2) Ranked No.5 by U.S. News and World Report
3) Ranked No.15 by BusinessWeek
4) Stern's Full-time MBA program is ranked: No. 5 in the U.S. and 14th worldwide by The Economist, No. 6 in the U.S. and 15th worldwide by Financial Times, No. 10 in the U.S. by U.S. News and World Report, No. 17 in the U.S. by the Wall Street Journal and No. 18 in the U.S. by Business Week Magazine
5) Stern's part-time MBA program is ranked No.4 by U.S. News and World Report
6) Stern MBA students will gain first-hand business insight into famous New York City institutions
7) Industry Mentoring Initiative
8) MBA Students will manage a real fund with approximately $2 million in assets
9) Study Trips abroad for 1-2 weeks to learn about business in a global context
Inside Comprehensive MBA Research Guide
Top MBA Programs by 19 Specializations: General Management, Finance, Consulting, Marketing, Strategy, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Luxury Management, Information Systems, Hospitality Management, Accounting, Energy, Non-Profit, Wine, Sports, Sustainability, Leadership Development, Military & International.
Extensive Comparative Analysis of Top MBA Programs
Download F1GMAT's Comprehensive MBA Research Guide
Other F1GMAT Books you might enjoy
Stanford MBA Essay Guide
Harvard MBA Essay Guide
Wharton MBA Essay Guide
Kellogg MBA Essay Guide
MIT Sloan MBA Essay Guide
NYU Stern MBA Essay Guide
Insead MBA Essay Guide
MBA in Canada
MBA Admission Interview Guide
Essential GMAT Reading Comprehension Guide
Mastering GMAT Critical Reasoning
Winning MBA Essay Guide (Complete Essay Tips)