Georgetown’s two year Full-time MBA at McDonough School of Business starts with the core courses that provides students with the functional knowledge that acts as the foundation for their MBA program. The First year MBA curriculum include courses like Financial Accounting, Organizational Behaviour, Applied Business Statistics, Microeconomics Management Communication, Professional & Career Development, Managerial Accounting, Marketing, Financial Markets Strategic Management, Management Communication, Professional & Career Development, Corporate Finance , Management Science, Operations Management, Leadership and Business Ethics I and International Business Environment.
The Second Year in McDonough’s Full-time MBA focuses on developing the leadership skills required for managing Businesses and organizations. Some of the interesting electives in the second year program include : Cases in Financial Statement Analysis, Corporate Restructuring, Option-Based Position Trading, Real Estate Finance I & II, Venture Capital, Leading Organizational Change, Managing Organizational Change, Sports Leadership, Operations Strategy Project Management, Applied Decision Theory, Advanced Competitive Strategy, Entrepreneurship, Ethical Management/White Collar Crime, Global Strategy and Leading Management Consulting Firm.
Residencies: All Students enrolled in the McDonough Full-time MBA program are required to attend the four residencies. The residencies are week long team-based activities. The residencies include Georgetown Means Business Residency (Analyses of live cases on the fundamentals of Global Leadership), Business and Public Policy Residency (Learn how public policy affect Businesses), Leadership Residency (Structured approach to the practice of Leadership) and Global Residency (Work on real Business Challenges). The residency is followed by week long International trip to Brazil, China, UAE, South Africa, and Vietnam.
Apart from the Residencies, students can also take part in special initiatives (Entrepreneurship Track, Global Social Enterprise Initiative and Real Estate Finance Initiative) and Dual Degree programs (MBA/JD PROGRAM, MBA/MD PROGRAM, MBA/MPP PROGRAM and MBA/MSFS PROGRAM)
10 Reasons Why Canada is better than the US
1. To make it easier for you to choose the top Business Schools in Canada, we have ranked 8 schools based on post-MBA Salary.
2. The Book Analyzes all the ten provinces: Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, and Saskatchewan on Post-MBA Job Opportunities in Oil & Gas, Media, Technology, Finance, Hospitality, Manufacturing, Aerospace, Life Science, Energy, Agriculture, Mining, Forestry, Construction, and Healthcare.
3. We have covered all the funding details (scholarships, loans, and other financial assistance) for the top 8 Business Schools in Canada
4. You don't have to read through hundreds of forum posts or spend hours Googling through scholarship and loan pages. We have summarized the funding with Name, Amount, Number of Awards and most importantly the criteria for selection.
5. Our analysis summarizes the curriculum for the Full-time MBA program, dives into the class composition, and evaluates the post-MBA opportunities available at each school including the list of top Employers.
Download Why Canada: A Complete Career Guide for MBA Applicants