Louis Dudley scored a 750 on his GMAT (Quant: 48, Verbal: 44, AWA: 6.0). He shares his secrets, strategies and detailed preparation plan with F1GMAT’s readers. Get maximum value from this GMAT debrief by following the best practices and processes followed by Louis.
GMAT Materials Used
1) Manhattan GMAT Complete Strategy Guide Set (except the CR guide)
2) The PowerScore GMAT Critical Reasoning Bible
3) The Official Guide for GMAT Review, 12th Edition
4) The Official Guide for GMAT Quantitative Review, 2nd Edition
5) The Official Guide for GMAT Verbal Review, 2nd Edition
6) GMAT Club Guide to Perfect 6.0 AWA GMAT Score
7) GMAT Club iPad App. (Great for tracking progress)
Related F1GMAT Downloads
1) Essential GMAT Reading Comprehension Guide
2) Mastering GMAT Critical Reasoning
GMAT Practice Test Scores (in the order they were taken):
-Manhattan CAT: 730 (Q-49, V-41)
-Kaplan CAT: 650
-GMAT Prep Software Cat: 730
-Manhattan CAT: 730 (Q-48, V-41)
-Manhattan CAT: 730 (Q-48, V-40)
GMAT Prep Summary
1) Go through all the MGMAT books (except CR). Do recommended problems from OG 12 only.
2) Go through PowerScore Critical Reasoning Bible. Do CR questions in OG 12 only.
3) Identify Weaknesses!
4) Go back through books where I was weak. Work through questions in OG Verbal/Quant guides.
5) Last 6 days: Do a CAT each day. Review CAT thoroughly, and then focus on weaknesses.
6) Also in Last 6 days: Spend an hour or so each day reviewing AWA strategy.
GMAT 750 Prep Tips
Find out the 11 Preparation Tips that will help you score 750 on your GMAT
GMAT 750 Preparation Details and Prep Material Review
Louis provides a detailed account on how to prepare for the GMAT, which study materials to use and how to maximize the efficiency of the 6 days running up to the exam.
GMAT 750 – Test Day Experience and Tips
Louis shares how he successfully overcame the challenges of AWA, Quant and Verbal sections of the GMAT. He provides specific tips about maintaining cool, handling tough GMAT Questions, and the differences in the type of questions offered by Kaplan, Manhattan and the actual GMAT Exam.
Essential GMAT Reading Comprehension Guide
After you read F1GMAT’s Essential GMAT Reading Comprehension Guide, you will:
1. Complete GMAT RC Questions in less than 1 minute and 50 seconds
2. Read Faster
3. Take Notes Effectively
4. Collect and Interpret Facts
5. Speed up Summary Creation
6. Remember Information
7. Question the Author
8. Learn to answer GMAT Reading Comprehension Title question
9. Learn to Solve GMAT Reading Comprehension Main Idea Question
10.Learn to Solve GMAT Reading comprehension inference question
11. Learn to Solve GMAT Reading Comprehension Detail Questions
12. Learn to Organize passage in GMAT Reading Comprehension
13. Learn to Identify style/tone or attitude of the author
14. Learn to Improve GMAT Reading Comprehension Score
Download Essential GMAT Reading Comprehension Guide
Mastering GMAT Critical Reasoning
After you read F1GMAT’s Mastering GMAT Critical Reasoning Guide, you will:
1) Learn to eliminate out of scope answer choices
2) Learn to spot logical fallacies
3) Learn to read questions by focusing on the holy trinity – premise, assumption, and conclusion.
4) Learn to disregard filler information
5) Complete GMAT CR Questions in less than 1 minute and 40 seconds
Download Mastering GMAT Critical Reasoning