Southern Methodist University’s Cox School offers a two-year Professional MBA (PMBA) program that combines a Quant focus with internationally recognized faculty in a private school setting. The PMBA program takes 2 years to complete and conducts the course in two campuses – Dallas and Plano, 30 Kms from Dallas.
• Study in Dallas, USA’s top business hub after New York
• The curriculum is identical to that of the Full-time MBA program
• Complete access to all the resources of the MBA Career Management Center (CMC)
• An alumni network of 38,000+ in more than 21 countries
• Short study period of just 2 years
• International Exchange program to 7 B-schools in Europe, Asia and South America
1. The program is completed over 6 semesters in 2 years.
2. There are two intakes, in January and August.
3. Classes are held on both weekdays and weekends.
4. 14 concentrations to choose from including niche concentrations such as Energy Finance, Strategy & Entrepreneurship, Product & Brand Management and Financial Consulting.
5. Core Curriculum @ Plano: Monday & Wednesday evenings 6:30 pm - 9:20 pm
6. Core Curriculum @Dallas: Thursday evenings 6:30 pm – 9:20 pm & Saturday mornings 9 am – 11:50 am
7. Electives: Monday to Thursday evenings & Saturday mornings at both campuses
8. Business Leadership Center (BLC) - leadership training through 80+ seminars conducted by business leaders from Fortune 500 companies, med-sized businesses and startups.
9. Associate Board Executive Mentor Program - pairs students with a mentor from 260+ elite business leaders.
• Noteworthy personal and professional experiences
• Strong academic background
• Natural leadership potential
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Character traits like maturity, integrity, self-motivation
• A lifelong commitment to learning and achieving
For local students
• Federal Financial Aid for up to $20,500 in Federal Loans per academic year. • Federal Graduate PLUS Loan with a fixed interest rate of 8.5%.
For international students
• 100% credit-based loans with variable interest rates. Students must have a U.S. citizen co-signer.
1. GMAT scores. GRE is accepted in some cases.
2. TOEFL/PTE scores for international applicants.
3. Online application form
4. Professional resume
6. Official copies of any graduate and undergraduate transcripts
7. 2 professional recommendations
8. Personal interview
For Entry in Spring/January 2013
Evaluation of applications starts — September 2012
Early Application Deadline — October 18, 2012
Final Application Deadline — November 15, 2012 (Applications received on or after this date are accepted on a space-available basis only.)
For Entry in Fall/August 2013
Evaluation of applications starts — January 2013
Early Application Deadline — May 10, 2013
Final Application Deadline — June 17, 2013 (Applications received on or after this date are accepted on a space-available basis only.)
2012 Alumni Molly Hughes explains how Cox PMBA helped her switch careers from retail to financing.
Choose your MBA. All you need for your future in One Book
1. Choose your MBA program based on 19 Specializations: General Management, Finance, Consulting, Marketing, Strategy, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Luxury Management, Information Systems, Hospitality Management, Accounting, Energy, Non-Profit, Wine, Sports, Sustainability, Leadership Development, Military & International.
2. Research Based on Data. Not Rhetoric.
3. Recommended by Alumni from Top MBA Programs
4. Latest trends in Post-MBA Salary
5. Steps to calculate return on investment (No Fancy Tools Required, Just Basic Math)
Download F1GMAT's MBA Research Guide