BusinessWeek Part Time MBA ranking for 2013 has been published. Tepper School of Business has overtaken Elon’s Martha and Spencer Love School of Business this year to rank #1. The later has moved down four places to rank at #5.
There have been quite a few new entrants in the top 10 ranking. The biggest move has been from Rollins Crummer Graduate School of Business, moving up by an astonishing 35 positions to feature at #9 position. Other schools to enter the top 10 rankings are Loyola Marymount and Chicago Booth, taking 6th and 8th place respectively.
If you compare the GMAT requirement for the top 10 schools, Rollins has the lowest GMAT requirement with the class average at 527 while the highest average is required by Haas School of Business at 692 followed by Chicago Booth at 681.Most Part Time MBA programs offer Financial Aid to the class covering 10 to 40% of the participants.
Evaluate the Summary of the Top 10 Part Time MBA Rankings below or you can visit BW for details
MBA Applicants are actively considering part-time MBA programs in place of a 2-year traditional full-time MBA programs. There are several factors for this preference, but one factor that stands out is the cost of the program. We shortlisted the top five part-time MBA programs and compared the costs with their full-time counterparts.
Top 5 Part-Time MBA
Our research showed that the schools that have been able to create comparable learning experiences and networking opportunities similar to full-time MBA program, were able to attract some of the best applicants. Peer-to-Peer learning is an important element in the Full-time MBA Classroom experience. It is more important in part-time MBA as the students get the chance to apply ideas immediately in their jobs.
Here are our pick for top 5 Part-time MBA
2. NYU Stern
For details about each course, read Top Part-time MBA Programs
1) When we...
The Professional Evening MBA (PEMBA) at Boston University offers 2 campus options, 2 schedule options 2 class options and a gamut of study options. It allows for an exceptionally customizable MBA program for working professionals in the 4th largest private research university in USA.
• Same faculty and facilities as the Full-time students
• Can be completed in 3 to 6 years
• Can choose from Boston or the North (Chelmsford, MA) campuses
• Can take electives with Full-time students
• Can take classes at any of the 13 graduate schools at Boston University
• International Field Seminars
• Access to career services - Feld Career Center (FCC)
• Access to recruiter visits, job fairs, and individual counseling
• Network of 45,000+ School of Management alumni
• Dual-degree options
• Students living in Boston can opt for the Boston campus
• Students living outside Boston can opt for the North campus
• Can do the MBA/MA in International Relations dual degree
• Can do the MBA/MA in Economics dual degree
• Can complete the International MBA Program and spend the summer in Asia
• Can attend International Field Seminars in Asia, Europe and Brazil
• 13 specialization options including Digital Technology, Energy and the Environment,...
The Rice MBA for Professionals from the Jones Graduate School of Business is aimed at working professionals who wish to enter new pursuits, receive greater responsibility, or earn higher salaries. The school is located in Houston, Texas, home to some of the most famous Fortune 500 headquarters in the US. Houston is also home to NASA and the world’s largest medical center. The Part-time program is highly flexible with two schedule options and can be completed in 22 months.
• Two mandatory six-day immersion periods
• Instruction in career management and individual career counseling, identical to Full-time MBA students
• Part-time students can participate in on-campus recruitment along with Full-time students
• Evening and weekend schedule options
• A required Capstone project
• Choice of 12 specializations
• Same Faculty as Full-Time MBA program
• Access to all facilities, clubs and resources that Full-time students enjoy
1. The first year covers the core curriculum
2. The second year covers the electives from a choice of 12 Concentrations including Communication, Energy, Entrepreneurship, Health Care and Global Business.
Kellogg’s Part-time MBA is an extremely flexible program that allows students to attend classes on weekdays or weekends, and complete the program in 2.5 to 5 years.
• Access to all the facilities and resources that full time MBA students enjoy
• Can take quarters off at any time
• May complete their last four classes in another location with another MBA program, in case of relocation
• Can also take up four new MBA courses that are newly introduced – this keeps their curriculum up to date
• The core program is identical to that of the Full-time MBA
• Students benefit from all the career resources available to Full-time MBA students
• Graduates can participate in the Full-time MBA recruitment process
1. Students can choose from 18 fields to specialize in.
2. Students irrespective of whether they are from the Evening or Saturday program can always attend any class during the week or on Saturday, or even officially switch/transfer between the two.
The Evening MBA Program
• Ideal for professionals who work in Chicago
• Students can start the course in any of the fall, winter, spring, or summer quarters.
• Students can undertake a maximum...
Southern Methodist University’s Cox School offers a two-year Professional MBA (PMBA) program that combines a Quant focus with internationally recognized faculty in a private school setting. The PMBA program takes 2 years to complete and conducts the course in two campuses – Dallas and Plano, 30 Kms from Dallas.
• Study in Dallas, USA’s top business hub after New York
• The curriculum is identical to that of the Full-time MBA program
• Complete access to all the resources of the MBA Career Management Center (CMC)
• An alumni network of 38,000+ in more than 21 countries
• Short study period of just 2 years
• International Exchange program to 7 B-schools in Europe, Asia and South America
1. The program is completed over 6 semesters in 2 years.
2. There are two intakes, in January and August.
3. Classes are held on both weekdays and weekends.
4. 14 concentrations to choose from including niche concentrations such as Energy Finance, Strategy & Entrepreneurship, Product & Brand Management and Financial Consulting.
5. Core Curriculum @ Plano: Monday & Wednesday evenings 6:30 pm - 9:20 pm
6. Core Curriculum @Dallas:...
Being located in Silicon Valley, Haas School of Business gives its Part-time MBA an edge both in terms of faculty and peers. The Evening & Weekend MBA (EWMBA) places a strong emphasis on innovation, disruptive thinking and regular industry interface. The EWMBA is a 3-year program established for executives in and around Silicon Valley. Students can pick from 11 specializations.
• Study in Silicon Valley – the heart of global innovation and entrepreneurship
• The curriculum is identical to the Full-time MBA program
• Access all the facilities and resources available to Full-time students
• Frequent interaction with industry leaders, visionaries and innovators
• Full use of Haas’ Career Center, including the placement process of Full-time students
• A massive alumni network of 36,000 Haas School graduates and 458,000+ University of California - Berkeley graduates
1. Students have the option of fast-tracking the program to finish it in 2.5 years, or extending it beyond 3 years after obtaining permission
2. The EWMBA has two study options - weekday and weekend classes
3. Students who miss class due to...