Exactly 5/6 of the cows on a certain farm have cow bells. If exactly half of the cows with bells are
brown, what is the minimum possible number of cows on the ranch?
Answer: The trick to this question is that the number of cows cannot be fractional; it must be an integer.
The number of brown cows is: (1/2) × (5/6) × the number of cows.
12 is the smallest positive integer that yields another integer when multiplied by 5/12, so it is the minimum possible number of cows.
Correct Answer: Choice C
Download Essential GMAT Reading Comprehension Guide
F1GMAT has created an extensive Guide that will improve your speed and accuracy in GMAT Reading Comprehension Section.
You will learn To:
1) Take Notes Effectively using keywords and mnemonics
2) Remember Relevant Information and Skip Facts that slows you down
3) Use Speed Reading Techniques
4) Solve Tough GMAT 800 Reading Comprehension Questions by using Process of Elimination
5) Question the Author and Find Logical Fallacies in the arguments
Download GMAT RC Guide»